A new range that announces a paradigm shift and an ever wider range of programs.
The emergence of a new product line is always thrilling. The developmental priorities draw inspiration from the World Tour, where cutting-edge equipment has elevated wing foiling to unprecedented heights. Across various global spots, we witness the growing popularity of new maneuvers, accompanied by a remarkable expansion of wind ranges.
The 2024 wings have nothing in common with the wings that won world titles in 2022 or even 2023. The shapes of the 2024 boards are evolving simultaneously towards more glide to take advantage of the efficiency gains of the wings, particularly in terms of power. More than an evolution of shapes, it is a paradigm shift that redefines the entire gear range the conditions that will make you fly.
This new range also illustrates an adjustment of programs to the wing foiling of tomorrow:
- Increased accessibility to disciplines considered very exclusive, such as intense wave riding and freestyle.
- Pure speed and Race runs thanks to new wing designs reminiscent of the glory days of windsurfing.
- Conquering ultra-light wind conditions with the new Cruzaders.
- The growing role of boards capable of scoring SUP foil sessions.
- And more broadly, the extreme versatility of practices using compact boards thanks to the wide range of use of modern foils and the adjustments they allow.
The direction of the evolutions is clear: more flight time, more performance, more sensations, while retaining the essence of wing foiling—a transversal accessibility: skill levels, experiences, spots, conditions, disciplines, … In 2024, you can display your ambitions on the water without any hesitation!
The ongoing paradigm shift
The new shapes of the 2024 range reveal the direction the sport is heading in. We are riding on increasingly smaller foils and venturing into wind ranges where we couldn’t imagine flying before. A spectacular evolution supported by successive developments in wings and foils. We observe an average reduction of foil surfaces ranging from 200cm2 to 500cm2 between 2021 and 2023/24. The goal now is to glide before flying, reflected in the 2024 shapes that are made more planing with a highly tensioned tail rocker and sharp rails.
So, this paradigm shift necessitates a change in the design of shapes, transitioning from ‘we release the board from the water as quickly as possible by pumping onto the foil’ to ‘we plane before flying (allowing the use of a smaller foil)’. This trend is visible at high level with the scoring of repops and combos. In 2022 only 1 trick was scored per tack: only 1! In 2023, the introduction of combos, where two moves are seamlessly linked together, earned a perfect score of 10 points at the Leucate event. A total change.
New models and program adjustments
Two new models characteristic of the ongoing evolution in wing foiling are making their debut with the Stunt, used by the Surf-Freestyle team for its ability to send combo after combo, and the Cruzader Diamond, complementing the Cruzader Point with a more compact and accessible shape. Additions to the range that provide you with a selection bordering on the customization of a custom shaped board – the choice is yours!
- LETHAL: Absolute surfing radicality for a magical ride in all types of waves.
- STUNT: 100% surf-freestyle. Great maneuverability. Instant take offs and re-pops.
- LEMON: top-notch responsiveness and liveliness in surfing, high performance in freestyle, great stability and lots of glide.
- MINT: absolute efficiency and ease thanks to its glide. A first-class wing board for take offs in a versatile shape geared towards surfing and freeride.
- CRUZADER POINT: fantastic in SUP downwinders, pumping on the flat, but also in light wind conditions for wing foiling, freefly, surfing, etc…
- CRUZADER DIAMOND: compact and easy to paddle shape for downwind SUPing. In wing foiling it’s ideal for light wind conditions, surfing and downwinders.
- FLINT: high performance in SUP foiling, really cool for wing foiling because it is simple, stable and efficient. All in one.
Discover their shapes and benefits in infinite detail and from every angle in our product sheets.
Equipment and design
The 2024 range of our wing boards features a new sleek design, taken over from the finishes used in the shape rooms for our custom boards, just like the full sandwich construction which have also been transposed years ago from our custom boards to our production boards.
On the 2024 FSP Pro boards we find high-end equipment:
- A reinforced GONG boxes to send big and new double entry rails that allows you to use our SCS SYSTEM and save precious time during assembly!
- An ergonomic GONG handle that offers a great grip.
- A set of GONG footstraps, more ergonomic and more comfortable. In single version at the back and in V shape at the front for an ultra-balanced stance.
- A hard brush pad that allows for more thickness on the entire board for absolute comfort.
A construction with multiple world titles to its name
The FSP PRO construction is a multiple world champion in Surf-Freestyle, Big Air and even Race. There is no doubt that you will find the performance and solidity you need to progress at your best level.
These boards showcase our cutting-edge FSP Pro technology. The Full Sandwich PVC & full carbon construction ensures optimal dynamism without compromising strength, all at an astonishingly low weight. It stands as the epitome of custom vacuum-sealed technology, employed in production—identical to the technology used in our prototypes crafted in France at our workshop.
This lightweight, high-performance technology, known for its exceptional durability, is consistently utilized by our Team Riders in competitions.
It truly signifies the pinnacle of board construction—durable, high-performing, and repairable. Brands offering a full PVC sandwich series for wing foiling are rare, and GONG leads the way in this field!