FSP PRO Wing Boards
GONG WING FOIL BOARD FLINT FSP PRO 2023The versatility of a SUP foiling and wing foiling board in performance… The versatility of a SUP foiling and wing foiling board in performance mode!
GONG FOIL BOARD CRUZADER FSP PRO 2023For crazy downwinders!Available on:
GONG WING FOIL BOARD KUBE FSP PRO 2023The pure freestyler.
GONG WING FOIL BOARD MINT FSP PRO 2023The combination of wave riding and freeriding in an accessible shape.
GONG WING FOIL BOARD LEMON FSP PRO 2023The best for wave riding in an accessible shape.
THIS BOARD IS WORLD CHAMPION
GONG WING FOIL BOARD LETHAL FSP PRO 2023The must in wave riding without concession.
Showing all 6 results
It is essential to understand the constructions offered when you buy a board.
Aesthetics and programs are important, but construction is key! And very often, it is the obstacle course to find this information in between the marketing twists and turns …
At GONG, we are committed to presenting to you in all transparency what lies beneath the final paint layer, without blah blah.
FSP PRO techno
Its PVC sandwich covered with a hyper dynamic full carbon coat.
- 3D shapes on modeling software.
- Preshape by numerical control for total reliability.
- Shape control by traditional templates, finishing off the last mm 100% by hand.
- Epoxy resin and EPS foam blank: solid and lightweight.
- Deck, hull, and rails in vacuumed PVC sandwich: incomparable strength and incredible dynamism.
- Deck: full PVC/Fiberglass and Carbon sandwich composed of a high-density PVC foam core and 1 layer of 4oz fiberglass and 1 layer of 6oz
- Carbon fiber, fiberglass reinforcements on sensitive areas.
- Hull: integral PVC/Fiberglass and Carbon sandwich composed of a high-density PVC foam core and 1 layer of 6oz carbon fiber, fiberglass reinforcements on sensitive areas.
- Specific foil reinforcements: high-density PVC block housing the two US rail boxes. Four layers of carbon cover the boxes. Laminated PVC slats connect the reinforcement to the deck for maximum durability.
- Rails: the PVC sandwich structure completely covers the rails: increased structural strength, very good shock
resistance (paddle, knee and harness hook impacts).
- Carrying handle integrated into a PVC block : limits infiltration, avoids breakage in the surroundings.
- Hot coat with integrated tinted resin: nobility of the process, weight reduction and solidity of the finish.
- Matt custom finish, hand-made, for weight reduction and better glide.
These boards are equipped with our innovative technology called FSP Pro. The highest quality on the market.
This full PVC Carbon sandwich offers the best dynamism while preserving strength, at an incredible weight. It’s quite simply the ultimate in vacuum technology for customs, used as standard on our production models : the same tech as the one used on our prototypes made in our shape rooms in France.
FULL sandwich means that the entire board is covered with a layer of 3mm high density hydrophobic PVC foam. This includes the rails, which allows better resistance and perfect sealing in the event of an impact. Above all, the sandwich on the rails are essential to have a rigid board as they work as a solid frame when the board takes flex. The dynamism is really superior and the durability of the board is second to none. This tech is not adopted by all competing brands. What they call sandwich construction is often a simple PVC reinforcement under the feet (and sometimes on the hull). At GONG we do things as seriously as they can be, so in full sandwich.
The carbon fiber that completely covers the board boosts its performance. It is clearly much livelier. Its response time is ultra fast, it does not twist, you are in direct contact with the foil and the elements.
All the lamination steps of the high density sandwich and then of the fiber are carried out under vacuum. The board is under strong pressure, from 2 to 4 tonnes depending on the stage, to ensure flawless bonding of the layers. With the use of drains we optimize the amount of resin on the board leaving only the optimum. Your board is light and super compact. A durable board made to handle all the stresses of a board’s life, its construction also offers a sound basis for any future repairs. So your board will stay like new for years or decades with proper maintenance. This durability will make a lot of people happy from one owner to the next, and avoids polluting with “disposable” boards.
To implement this very complex technology, we need time. A board without a full sandwich is built in 6 to 8 hours. GONG full sandwich boards take 12 to 14 hours of work. You understand that all these steps lengthen the production circuit and are therefore a monumental investment in quality.
For 2023 we have replaced the classic US Boxes, which everyone uses but which were not originally designed for foiling, with our own US Double Entry GONG Boxes designed and tested by our design office for extreme use in foiling. These new boxes are specifically reinforced in areas of high stress and are molded with a high fiber content. Durability is increased tenfold. We are clearly on the best BOX on the market which corresponds exactly to our needs in terms of resistance and functionality. What could be simpler than aligning the 4 nuts with the 4 entrances and sliding the foil into the box? 3 turns with a screw tightener and it’s ready. It’s so easy that you’ll wonder how you could do it the old way for years hahaha.
The foil boxes are placed in a large PVC 80kg/m3 reinforcement thicker than the boxes. Without any risk of water infiltration in the EPS sandwich, even with an intense impact. This reinforcement is connected to the PVC sandwich of the deck with PVC slats to ensure the cohesion of the whole and to avoid any play in the reinforcements over the years. Everything is fitted with fiberglass reinforcements for tolerance and carbon to limit bending. The handle is also set in a waterproof PVC block.
Remember that the high density PVC blocks that house the boxes and the handle are in addition to the full PVC sandwich. The anchoring is absolutely perfect. Not to compare with a reinforcement simply held by layers of fiber. Our reinforcements take hold on a high thickness of rigid material that you would not be able to bend by hand for example, which you could if it was only layers of fibers.
Our technology is truly the ultimate in board construction. Durable, efficient, repairable, we can count on one hand the number of brands able to offer a total PVC sandwich on a big scale production of wing boards. GONG is the leader!
At GONG, our boards are the highest quality. Our low prices can only be explained by our direct sales model, eliminating margins. If by misfortune you break them, they can be repaired from A to Z with the components we keep in stock for your favorite repairer.
New equipment and design
The 2023 range of our wing boards features a new sleek design, taken over from the finishes used in the shape rooms for our custom boards, just like the full sandwich construction which have also been transposed years ago from our custom boards to our production boards.
The equipment is completely renewed on the 2023 boards:
- New reinforced GONG boxes to send big and new double entry rails that allows you to use our SCS system and save precious time during assembly!
- New more ergonomic GONG handle that offers a better grip.
- New stratification of the leash plug with a polished finish and absolute solidity.
- New sets of GONG footstraps, more ergonomic and more comfortable. In single version at the back and in V shape at the front for an ultra-balanced stance.
- New hard brush pad that allows for more thickness on the entire board for absolute comfort.
We invite you to analyze in detail your future board on the new 3D module of our product sheets.
Buy as an informed consumer!