GONG WING PLUSThe versatile and accessible wing to learn and progress!
GONG WING SUPERPOWER BOOMThe 2023 SuperPower Boom delivers all the power you dream of.Sale!
GONG WING PULSE BOOMStability, speed, rigidity for racing and freeriding.Sale!
GONG WING PULSE DP UPE ARAMIDThe revolutionary double profile Race wingAvailable on:
GONG WING DROIDThe ultimate wave wing for freestyle and wave riding!
GONG WING DROID UPEThe 100% freestyle wing to send high scoring tricks!Sale!
GONG WING NEUTRAThe ultimate wave wing for high performance surfing and jumps.
GONG WING NEUTRA UPEThe wing for high performance wave riding!Sale!
END OF LINE-40%
GONG WING SUPERPOWER 2023The 2023 SuperPower delivers all the power you dream of.Sale!
END OF LINE-40%
GONG WING DROID 2023Freestyling at its pinnacle.Sale!
END OF LINE-30%
GONG WING NEUTRA 2023Waveriding in all its glory!Sale!
Showing all 11 results
Our Team Series and Perf Series collections
Our range of wings is available in two series:
- Perf Series: In Dacron technology, our Perf Series wings are reliable and affordable. They include our 5 benchmark models, the Plus, Superpower, Pulse, Droid and Neutra, for the following types of sessions : allround, lightwind, freerace, freestyle and wave riding.
- Team Series: Our Team Series wings are designed for the Pro team and the most demanding wingers. This series benefits from the most innovative materials and the latest shapes: a maximum of 3 months between the validated prototype and the online availability! The Team Series wings evolve at the pace of shape validations, constructions, and new equipment endorsed by our Team riders. The Team Series is a cutting-edge limited edition with innovations that will benefit the Perf Series during their annual update. The SuperPower and Pulse models will be updated in spring, while the Plus, Droid, and Neutra will be updated in fall.
If you’re looking for an affordable wing with a high-performance shape but a more laid-back approach than the Pros? The Perf Series is made for you!
If you desire the ultimate one, the gear which currently leads on the World tour, the closest version to the competition prototype? The Team Series is the holy grail!
Our 3-in-1 game changer handle system.
Another major innovation is that the 2024 Plus, Neutra and Droid models now come with our innovative modular handle system, allowing you to choose the right set up according to your preferences : textile handles, rigid handles or a boom.
Note that our wings for light wind and Freerace, Superpower and Pulse, are now exclusively equipped with a boom, just because it is the most suitable system to make the most of the conditions, providing precise control that you can adjust to the millimeter during maneuvers 😉
- For those just starting or wanting to progress in several programs : this will be the Wing Plus that you’ll need. Smooth, progressive and stable, it is a light Wing that is easy to handle without getting your arms ripped off.
- For those who want to improve in a specific program: you have the choice between different disciplines:
– the SuperPower is the light wind wing! It will give you the traction you dream of.
– the Pulse will give you an amazing top speed and stability.
– the Droïd will be unbeatable in Freestyle, and the Neutra will be the queen of wave sessions.
- For the pros: the Team Series Droid and Neutra UPE are the reference wings for Pro riders and the most demanding wing foilers. Our Pulse DP UPE ARAMID (a world first) which revolutionized racing in its very first competition. These are our avant-garde wings with the most innovative materials and the latest developments validated by our team riders.
To choose your wing, choose your program: Allround, Light wind, Freerace, Freestyle or Wave riding.
- Its role is to make your first year of winging super easy and way more 😉 It has no limits with its highly performant shape, but it is not specialized, contrary to other wings of the range.
- Light, easy to handle and powerful, its qualities also make it the most versatile wing in the range for experienced riders.
SuperPower Boom: Full Power!
- Is your spot unpredictable and irregular? The Superpower is the best wing for light wind conditions or heavier riders. It offers great power and amazing accelerations.
Pulse Boom: FreeRace attitude!
- It outperforms its siblings in speed and upwind capability, being super stable in gusts and performing perfect accelerations.
- It excels in all aspects of Race and brings this sport to a whole new level.
Droïd: Freestyle machine!
- Maximum compactness for seamless tricks and rotations.
- Its concave shape delivers incredible responsiveness for even more pop.
- In wave riding, it is highly performant thanks to its extreme maneuverability and power, which get you out of any situation and allow you to use a smaller wing size to gain control.
Neutra: Ultimate wave riding !
- Absolute fluidity with this wing, 100% dedicated to surfing, jumps, and smooth transitions.
- It takes us back to the essence of what made us dream in the last century, elevating it to a whole new level with winging.
- It is both light on the scale and in your hands.
With the Team Series and Perf Series, we offer you a complete range that allows you to have fun in all programs and at all skill levels:
Choose your program
The wing foiling world is constantly evolving and the preferences of each profile are fast spreading. For decades, we have known that there are clearly defined styles of practice, first popularized in windsurfing and then in kiteboarding. These styles are logically present in wing foiling as well.
First, there’s the beginner who wants to progress: the Allround rider. They need simplicity above all else. But they also want quality equipment developed for their progression. They don’t want to look like a beginner with cheap gear, and they are right. They need a quality, well-thought-out, lightweight and secure gear that simplifies their life without being simplistic and low-end.
When the wind is borderline, not very clean, we curse! Watching someone fly while we are stuck is surely one of the most frustrating experiences. So, we equip ourselves with Lightwind gear to not miss a single session. It’s often the pleasure of gear enthusiasts because this trend quickly leads to an arms race with very specific equipment.
Then there’s the Freerace rider because competing with friends is always a blast . Not everyone has a fabulous wave riding spot in front of their house, nor do they want to get beat up in the waves. So challenging each other among friends remains a major pleasure in our sports.
And we know that some of you have twisted ideas, rebellion in your blood, a desire to twist everything, ahahah 😉 These riders love Freestyle because what’s better than tearing it up on flat water? Joking aside, these people initially want to reproduce wave riding moves on flat water. And quickly, it goes in all directions and ends up in a spin. It’s complicated and remains very elitist, but there is a true Freestyle segment.
Finally, the Holy Grail: Wave riding. The original essence of our passions is riding the waves. So yes, it’s the ultimate, the crème de la crème, and many of you indulge in it endlessly, celebrating the ocean more than the wind, exploiting the wave more than the gust. And it’s beautiful.
Which technology ?
Team Series technology :
DROID UPE & NEUTRA UPE
Our Team Series collection benefits from an ultra-premium construction that is both incredibly solid and lightweight! While nothing is indestructible, we aim to create wings capable of enduring the toughest conditions and lasting long, to equip the best riders.
UPE 200 is an ultra high-end fabric of laminated hard polyethylene that replaces dacron on all the inflatable parts of this new wing.
It is a super light structure fabric: 116 g/m². This is 30% less than the Dacron DP 175LL which is 162 g/m². Though it is lighter, it is more resistant in elongation and much more rigid! To integrate it on the wings, it required a complete redesign of the wings starting with the seams which had to be adapted to this new material. After dozens of tests on a traction bench and then in real conditions, the UPE wings show much higher resistance to pressure than the dacron versions. So in addition to having a lighter and more rigid material, it is also possible to inflate it harder!
The gain in sailing is just incredible! Precision, power, maneuverability, control: everything is increased tenfold by the rigidity of the UPE, it really is the super high performance wing for demanding riders!
Extra perk of the UPE, once deflated its specific lamination becomes flexible. The wing folds smoothly, you don’t feel like it’s creased or damaged in any way.
Of course, such performance comes at a price. In this case $70/ml for UPE against only $6/ml for Dacron, a factor of more than 10. It is also more difficult to cut and sew, which increases production costs.
PULSE DP UPE ARAMID
The PULSE DP UPE ARAMID benefits from the most efficient technology to excel in racing:
The double profile, a world first in the wing foiling world, reduces drag to increase average and maximum speed in an incredible way. Air flows are optimized on the lower surface: performance is boosted.
The Low Drag System technology on each tip consists of a rigid, removable slat, tensioned by a profiled clip to allow smooth air flow.
UPE Aramid is a true jewel of textile technology developed by experts in nautical textiles. The UPE base combined with woven Aramid fibers make it a fabric that is both very light, very rigid and very resistant to tearing.
The boom with prepreg carbon applied in 4 directions enjoys the most high-end construction on the market to allow optimal rigidity with very low weight. Its oval shape offers an ideal grip which prevents fatigue, reduces the overall diameter of the boom, and increases rigidity. It is also covered with embossed EVA for perfect grip and comfort.
More information about the GONG WING PULSE DP UPE ARAMID.
Perf Series technology
The technology used in our Perf Series collection benefits from the most reliable and proven construction in the market while remaining at an affordable price.
The materials have stood the test of time. They are reliable, efficient, and easily repairable. The seams are optimized with each collection, always with the goal of increasing the longevity of your wings. This is a crucial aspect in wing foiling, which prompted us to develop the most complex seams in our sports. Additionally, the reinforcements are strategically positioned to ensure the wing withstands stress while remaining lightweight. Often hidden in the bladders, these reinforcements are essential for the wing’s durability.
At GONG, we are the opposite of basic wing technologies from low-cost brands. Our low prices are only possible due to the absence of intermediaries. Our wings are built with craftsmanship to last and withstand the demands of this sport.
Furthermore, our wings are perfectly repairable with components that we keep in stock for your preferred repair shop.
The structure of our wings is composed of a leading edge and a central strut in Dacron DIMENSION POLYANT DP175LL which form a rigid skeleton when the internal TPU bladders are inflated.
Dacron DP175LL is a very durable and very rigid polyester fabric, and this particular variant is also light. A true world reference for Dacron, it is the most proven material on the market. It is perfect for giving excellent performance for as long as possible. It is also easy to find for discreet repairs.
The rigidity of the structure is ensured by bladders in the leading edge and in the central batten. Our bladders are made of 80 microns thick TPU for added strength. The tubes themselves and all the accessories are heat-sealed to withstand significant pressures.
The structure is made up of two independent bladders: one for the leading edge and one for the batten. Connected by the One Pump system, you can inflate them simultaneously thanks to the valve on the leading edge. The One Pump clip separates the airflow between the two bladders at the end of inflation. You thus benefit from a double chamber of safety when sailing and an ease of replacement if necessary.
Which type of handles?
Since 2024 and on the limited edition of the Neutra RH and Neutra / Droid UPE, the modular handle system is a standard on our wings. You have the choice, regardless of the model, to mount textile handles, rigid handles or a boom.
Depending on your needs or the conditions of the day, you switch from one system to another in less than 5 minutes.
Simplicity and no hassle! Ease for beginners, comfort in strong or gusty conditions…
This type of handle forgives placement errors and limits the consequence of an impact following an involuntary collision with your head or your board.
100% prepreg carbon handles, ultra light! Carbon handles allow you to gain control, responsiveness and precision. Your wing responds instinctively, no downtime!
The pumping is aggressive and the behavior in jumps is exemplary. When surfing, the angle of the front handle allows for a “pistol” grip. You thus maintain some power in the wing which you can fine tune, and you eliminate possible flaps which delay you. Very very practical when you know how to use it.
Our boom is made of prepreg carbon applied in 4 directions for minimum weight and maximum strength/stiffness. It’s the most high-end tech on the market to make no concessions between stiffness, weight and performance.
With its oval section, it offers better grip for less fatigue and maximum comfort. The ovalization also offers more rigidity while allowing the diameter to be reduced.
Our boom is covered with a textured molded grip which further improves its grip and reduces effort. It’s velvet…
This boom, different from the “race” version delivered with the SuperPower and Pulse, is specially developed for our wings with removable handles. It is available in 5 sizes to perfectly meet the needs of all sizes and models. This boom also has the angle that allows a “pistol” grip, just like with rigid handles.
Which wing style?
You probably have a style of ride in mind that speaks to you, maybe even several styles?
At GONG, we have developed specific responses to each style, so that everyone can not only find performance but also something that resonates with them or something they want to identify with.
If you want to surf with a Droïd because you love its style, compactness, and power? Nothing is stopping you, on the contrary.
And if you are a beginner and love the look of the Neutra? Let’s go! It will be perfect for your early stages.
What matters is not buying the wing that will suit you in a year from now. Choose the one that fits your current situation. That’s how you’ll have fun and progress.
Which boards quiver?
The Plus wing matches perfectly with a HIPE, Zuma, Lance, Flint or Mint board, and our Allvator Aluminum Foil. It’s the magical combo for beginners and laid-back sessions.
The SuperPower, Pulse, Droïd, and Neutra wings pair perfectly with a HIPE Pro, Mint, Kube, Lemon or Lethal board, along with our carbon or HM masts and fast wings. It’s the high-performance combo.
You can add a SUP for windless days and probably a surfboard as well. But if you’re getting into winging, you might already have these toys in your garage.
Which leash for your wing?
We have 2 models of wrist leash for our wings:
- Coiled or “telephone” leash (in memory of the time when they were still attached…). These leashes are shorter and don’t drag in the water while sailing.
- Dyneema leash, this minimalist model is lighter and weighs 50% less than a coiled one.
Take a wing leash of 5’ to 6’ long in light wind conditions and an 8’ in strong winds or for wings above 6m. A short leash allows you to get back at it quickly after a fall. A long leash prevents the wing from falling onto the foil by flying a bit further.
Always check the leash’s condition before each session and replace it every year. It is your life jacket.
Do not let your wing flap in the wind at the end of the leash; it is not unbreakable! Similarly, in waves, do not hold onto the wing by the leash, as it can cause the wing to explode or result in injury.
For the board, choose a leash slightly longer than the board. It can be straight, coiled, worn as a belt, on your knee, or ankle – it’s up to personal preferences.
With or without a harness?
Riding without a harness can feel sexy because you have a sense of freedom and it’s trendy. You can move in all directions, and it’s really enjoyable.
However, you need to be careful not to over-sheet the wing to avoid straining your arms. This means you may have to pump the wing frequently to get it off the water. Ideally, you’ll prefer shorter runs when riding without a harness.
All our wings have harness line attachments, so you have the choice.
On the other hand, if you enjoy riding with more power, using a harness is almost mandatory if you don’t want to have short sessions that tire you out quickly. In this case, attaching harness lines is straightforward (check our tutorials on the forum). We recommend using a harness that is as flexible and non-restrictive as possible, with a windsurf-style hook.
It’s essential to note that modern wings generate a lot of power, and that’s what we ask of them: we want to go fast, high, and have a very rigid wing, etc. All of this makes wings increasingly challenging to handle without a harness. Pros may not use harnesses in freestyle or wave riding because the runs are short and less intense. However, in races, they always wear harnesses.
So, it’s up to you to decide whether the sensation and aesthetics outweigh the performance. But it’s likely that, in the near future, more riders will start using harnesses as wing technology evolves towards more powerful and high-performance wings.
Window or Full Canopy ?
Wings without windows are cheaper, 200g lighter, and easier to store.
Wings with windows are safer and therefore dedicated to “group” practices. Typically, windows are placed on wings used for buoy turning in races or high-speed riding. The goal is to see under the wind to avoid accidents.
For beginners, a wing with windows is necessary because safety comes before the few grams you might save. They are not meant for admiring the landscape; they are meant for seeing a silhouette to abort a dangerous curve that could cause a collision.
How to dry your wing ?
Unless you finish your session with a long downwind ride under the sun and finish on a dock, it is quite rare to get out of the water with a completely dry wing. You should know that there is no need to dry your wing if it is regularly used in saltwater, as the salt protects the materials from mold.
However, if you still want to dry your wing for transport or storage reasons, you must absolutely avoid hanging the deflated wing by the leading edge handle. It may seem convenient, but it is the best way to create a bulge on the central strut at the junction with the leading edge due to the bladder collapsing inside. The bladders are movable within the strut and leading edge, so if you hang it for drying while deflated, the bladder can shift or even wrinkle inside the strut pocket.
Ideally, you should dry your wing inflated and in the shade. In the worst case, lay it flat or at least inflate only the central strut. You can find all our instructions on how to dry your wing in our “How To” guide.
Good to know :
Indeed, wings are lightweight inflatable structures, and that’s what makes them efficient. Therefore, you must take great care of them.
A common mistake is to accidentally puncture the wing with the foil. It’s almost unavoidable, but the good news is that it is straightforward to repair. Our fabrics are designed to limit tears and contain them at the impact point.
The inflation pressure of your wing significantly affects its power, tolerance, and performance in high wind conditions. Too much pressure can put your wing at risk. It’s essential to have a well-inflated wing, but not to the point of overinflation, as that can lead to it bursting. Learning the optimal inflation level is something that comes with experience because pressure gauges are not always reliable.
By caring for your wing and avoiding unnecessary damage, you can ensure its longevity and get the best performance out of it.
Notice of vigilance:
For the Wings equipped with windows, to bring you more visibility and safety in your maneuvers, it is imperative that you roll it from the tips to the central strut, then fold it up, taking care not to pinch the PVC of the window. If you store your wet wing in its bag without drying it, there is a risk of color transfer between fabrics and PVC windows
1. Always inspect the condition of your Wing. Look for any holes or snags and get them fixed before they
2. Avoid rinsing your equipment with fresh water. The chlorine present in tap water can alter treatments
applied to the surface of the Wing.
3. Take care not to allow water or sand to enter the Bladders during inflation/deflation.
4. Let your Wing dry in a flat position. If you hang your Wing to dry it, the bladder can move in the sheath and
cause a fold, potentially causing a hernia/explosion during the next inflation. Never shake a deflated Wing.
5. Remove any excess sand before folding and storing.
6. Outside of your sessions, keep your Wing out of the sun and the moon.
7. In case of a blown leading edge or strut, use your repair kit, or consult the site order the replacement part.
Handling and precautions for use:
1. When you move your inflated Wing, turn it extrado face down and avoid as much as possible to let the leading edge or the SPI touch on the ground.
2. Always put your Wing on a clean, unobstructed surface, without seashells, objects or plants that may cut or perforate.
3. Secure your Wing on the beach at all times (use your leash, sand, or a bag filled with sand).
4. IFollow the inflation instructions. The risk of exploding the Wing is real, especially if handling it violently or
in the waves.
5. Use your Wing equipped with a leash. The leash allows you not to lose your Wing in case of gusts, but it is not made to yank your Wing violently, especially in the waves.
6. Do not allow your Wing to get carried away by a wave, and if this happens, do not pull on the leash. The weight and power of the water is phenomenal, if you generate extra traction in the opposite direction, you increase the risk of tearing open your Wing.
7. Do not let the Wing get stuck on the water when you pump or when you launch. Do not bend it.
– In case of fall in foil, do not fall on the Foil and do not let your Wing fall on it. A stab, or a front wing of foil will inevitably pierce your Wing.
– Do not let a board equipped with a foil or fins, drag across your Wing. Failure to do so will definitely result in damage to the Wing.
8. When you need to pass the white water, keep the Wing out of the water 100% of the time. Never put your Wing in the waves, keep it in the air as much as possible. Hold the downwind handle and the front strap
9. Always inspect the condition of your Wing. Look for any holes or snags and get them fixed before they get worse.
10. Avoid rinsing your equipment with fresh water. The chlorine present in tap water can alter treatments applied to the surface of the Wing.
11. Take care not to allow water or sand to enter the Bladders during inflation/deflation.
12. Let your Wing dry in a flat position. If you hang your Wing to dry it, the bladder can move in the sheath and cause a fold, potentially causing a hernia/explosion during the next inflation. Never shake a deflated Wing.
13. Remove any excess sand before folding and storing.
14. Outside of your sessions, keep your Wing out of the sun and the moon.
15. In case of a blown leading edge or strut, use your repair kit, or consult the site
16. In case of fall in foil, do not fall on the Foil and do not let your Wing fall on it. A stab, or a front wing of foil will inevitably pierce your Wing.
17. Do not let a board equipped with a foil or fins, drag across your Wing. Failure to do so will definitely result in damage to the Wing.
18. When you need to pass the white water, keep the Wing out of the water 100% of the time. Never put your Wing in the waves, keep it in the air as much as possible. Hold the downwind handle and the front strap to get through the waves
19. Inspect your leash before and after each session and change it regularly. Even a small notch can lead to a break.
20. Your wing is an ultra-versatile product that could be used on land with skateboards, rollerblades, mountainboards, etc… It is not intended to be rubbed on hard or abrasive surfaces though. GONG SUP 1 cannot be held responsible for wear related to land use.
Safety and common water sense
1. You must check the wind range of your wing and adapt it to your actual and real abilities. Never underestimate the pulling force of your Wing. Even a beginner’s wing can develop a significant and non controllable pulling force by the user.
2. When practicing, be aware of weather forecasts. Avoid strong winds and do not sail if there are heavy gusts. Do not use your Wing with offshore winds unless you have a security back-up plan on the water. The perfect conditions to practice are a crosswind against the shore and a steady 15-25 knots force.
3. For the first sessions, and when you do not yet read well wind ranges and forecasts: be alert on high wind range and do not sail if you do not have the adapted Wing. You take risks for you but also for your gear.
4. Use your Wing in a safe environment. Take the necessary time to learn how to handle the equipment under optimum safety conditions.
5. Do not overestimate your abilities. Make sure you are in a good physical condition and do not have medical contraindications. Misuse can cause serious injury or death to the practitioner or others.
6. Do not use your Wing in a shorebreak or waves that are too powerful.
7. When sailing, constantly check the water in front of you to avoid any collision or non-respect for the rules of priority at sea. Keep in mind that you are potentially dangerous for yourself and for others.
8. Be extremely careful if you sail with your Wing and a board equipped with a foil. GONG SUP 1 declines any responsibility in the event of damages caused by the improper use of the wing or by imprudence.
9. GONG strongly advises you to subscribe to an insurance covering the practice of Wing foil.
10. Equip yourself with protections: helmet, leash, impact vest… Too much is better than not enough!
11. The use of the Wing outside the marine environment is your responsibility (skate, ski, snow…)
12. The Wing is not a parachute or a hang glider!
13. When using your wing, always have common sense, respect nature, and try to help others with caution when they are in trouble.
14. All our wings are equipped with an identification label to fill in your details in accordance with the legislation in force.
This list of recommendations is not exhaustive and does not replace knowledge and a serious study of the rules of safety and navigation at sea. The foil in particular is a dangerous sport which cannot be improvised.
GENERAL RULES CONCERNING THE PRACTICE OF FOIL
For your safety, do not use this product until you have read and understood these warnings and instructions and, above all, follow them. The practice of Foil involves the risk of serious accidents. Improper handling of the Foil can result in cuts, serious injury or death to you or others.
1. A FOIL SHOULD BE USED WITH ALL THE PRECAUTIONS THAT ARE COMMON IN SURFING, KITING, OR WING RIDING, in addition to those related to the Foil. Remember that the Foil is long, sharp, and can reach high speeds. Getting hit by a Foil, or hitting a third party can have dramatic consequences. These are not toys. GONG strongly recommends that you take a course for each of the Foil practices, in a school specializing in Foil learning, in order to be responsible and careful before using this product alone. Make sure you have insurance covering the practice of Foil. The manufacturers and suppliers of this product are not responsible for property damage or personal injury due to either simple or improper use, or excessive, competitive, or irresponsible use, of the product by the user.
2. RESPECT THE RULES OF PRIORITY AND SAFETY. Find out about the local legislation in force concerning the practice of Foil sports on the spot you are targeting. When you practice, do not forget to keep a safe distance from all obstacles, other people and boats. Stay away from swimmers and other people, including your friends, even when you consider that you have reached a sufficient level to do so.
3. USE THIS PRODUCT ONLY IF YOU ARE IN GOOD PHYSICAL CONDITION AND CAN SWIM PROFICIANTLY. Don’t overestimate your strength: never go further than you can swim in the present and forecasted weather conditions. Swimming in the sea in a distress situation is much more difficult than swimming in a pool. Minors must not practice without the agreement and supervision of their legal guardian.
4. KEEP UP TO DATE WITH THE WEATHER FORECAST. It is up to you to make the decision to go out on the water or not, depending on the weather conditions observed and announced. Never Foil in stormy weather, in threatening or changing conditions.
5. OBSERVE THE CURRENTS. TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE HEIGHT OF YOUR MAST: unlike surfing, SUP or Kitesurfing, it is imperative to start navigating on a body of water deep enough so that the Foil does not touch the bottom or hit a rocky area.
6. PROTECT YOURSELF! You must wear a helmet, an impact vest and ideally thick booties and a wetsuit to practice this sport.