Foil query

Tout ce qui concerne le GONG shop / All about the GONG shop.
michael_

Foil query

Message par michael_ » lun. juil. 26, 2021 11:55 pm

I've recently purchased some equipment, and hoped to get advice!
I've ordered and received an XL rise alvator front wing, and a 70cm carbon block fuselage. I mistakenly bought the stab x-over 46cm to go with this. Although likely requires the rise stab?

Will attempted foiling with the XL rise and x-over stab be achievable? Or is this just a terrible combination?

The x-over stab is paid and on pre-order. Not in until September -ordered 14th July :(

So possibly I could still exchange the x-over stab to get the correct rise version?

Many thanks.

Michael

sn0

Re: Foil query

Message par sn0 » mar. juil. 27, 2021 9:09 am

Hello,

No worries, you might actually have gotten the best stab you could get for your front wing.

The Rise stab which has been sold for a while now works great, but the X-Over stab offers better stability in pitch (longer fuselage), yaw and roll (winglets).

The only thing is that you need to be a bit more careful not to hurt yourself with the winglets, they are not sharp, but still.

Switching to the Rise stab is possible, but would be a mistake in my opinion.

Do you have an order number you could give me to see what can be done ?

Thank you

gaby

Message par gaby » mar. juil. 27, 2021 10:05 am

Hi Michael,

To learn on the X-over is actually the best, it has the best stability of all the Stabs. Once you get skilled you may want to have a smaller and more playful one but you will have a lot of riding on your X-Over until you'll get there ;)

michael_

Message par michael_ » mar. juil. 27, 2021 3:08 pm

Oh that's great news, thanks for the input!

I've a windsurfing and kite boarding background, so I'm hoping the time required on the rise front wing and x-over stab will not be prolonged.

I've also ordered the curve pro XL front wing and curve pro stab. Thinking I can progress on to these.

Thanks for allaying my fears, much obliged.

Michael

michael_

Message par michael_ » ven. juil. 30, 2021 10:03 pm

One more query on my setup please.

I'm waiting until September to receive my curve and x-over stab.

In my first order I mistakenly bought an alvator kite stab 45cm with the Alvartor XL rise..

So until September I have an XL rise on a carbon 70 mast, with an alvator kite stab.

I may not be able to wait until September to pair the rise with the x-over stab 🙂!

What kind of experience am I likely to have with the rise XL and kite stab 45cm?

hecub

Message par hecub » lun. août 02, 2021 3:42 pm

Never tried but I don't expect the kite stab trop go very well with a rise front wing. Anyway the kite stab isn't really fitting for a beginner even with a faster front wing. Maybe you could watch for a second hand surf/Rise 45 (or even 55 would do if you're a bit heavy)
Surf: Lethal foil 4'6
Wing: Droïd 6-5 - Neutra 4, Cruzader Diamond 6'0
Foil: Sirus XXL - XL - L, Curve H XL - L - M
YouTube

michael_

Message par michael_ » mer. août 04, 2021 9:44 pm

Thanks for the reply and advice!

Yes I figured it was an unlikely pairing. I'm still waiting on my board, and I know I'll be to impatient not to give it a shot once I've a chance for a session.

There's not much of a second hand market I'm aware of here in Ireland for foil gear. Possibly eBay. Although I've already spent the budget, so likely make do with what I've got.

Hey sure it will be fun to try

Thanks 👍

Répondre

Revenir à « Le shop GONG »