Batmob 7’2 vs Devil’s Tongue 6’8

sdore

Batmob 7’2 vs Devil’s Tongue 6’8

Message par sdore » lun. oct. 19, 2020 9:48 am

Bonjour,

If someone wants to start trying smaller boards in small/medium waves what would be the difference between:

Batmob 7’2 vs Devil’s Tongue 6’8? both have the same 54 litters.

Consider a 80Kg surfer, very familiar with a acidololly 8’, with no shortboard experience :-)

Open to other suggestions

Looks like there are no one in the forum sharing Devil’s Tongue experience.

Thank you,
Sdore

nico_hily

Re: Batmob 7’2 vs Devil’s Tongue 6’8

Message par nico_hily » lun. oct. 19, 2020 3:53 pm

Hello,
I recommend that you turn to the DEVIL'S TONGUE.
It is important that you surf a little shorter, to have a sharper board with less rail length (more responsive).
The DEVIL'S TONGUE is wide with a round nose, it will remain very pleasant and easy to row, and really versatile. The wide tail will give you a fast board, which accelerates quickly and offers an excellent boost between manoeuvres. It will be the best board, you will just have to learn how to row on a slightly shorter board. :wink:
--§((GONG TEAM))§--

sdore

Message par sdore » mar. oct. 20, 2020 10:03 am

Thank you Nico for your fast answer!

Actually it was a surprise to me, I thought the recommendation would be on the Batmob side... :-)

So it means that although Devil’s Tongue is shorter it should not be more difficult.

However I assume that the positioning to catch the wave shouldn’t be the same, right?

Thank you again,
Sdore

nico_hily

Message par nico_hily » mar. oct. 20, 2020 2:42 pm

ello,
If you want to progress towards more technical and radical surfing, you will have to ride a shorter board. The Batmob will work but you will soon feel its limits.
The principle is simple, the longer the board is, the faster you row. So, on the other hand, a short board moves slower, so with the devi'ls tongue, you will start from a shorter distance.You will have to wait for the wave to rise before you can get up. :wink:
--§((GONG TEAM))§--

Répondre

Revenir à « Choisir son shortboard / Choose your shortboard »