Tout savoir sur les Mob Pro et FSP

MagW

Re: Tout savoir sur les Mob Pro 2018

Message par MagW » ven. mars 02, 2018 11:30 pm

It was the Mob95 I surfed in Landes with Coolas. With the same measurements, I think.
It even worked for me in 2m+ and I'm only 64kg. I had to move my feet some in the steepest parts and when turning from side to side really sharp. But I am not usually used to standing all the way back. So if I would place my foot furthest back it would surf even better, I think. And with 20-30kg more I would really be able to get the rails fully engaged. The Mob 80 would work amazingly well in these conditions, at least for me. The Fatal 105 I tried was easier to engage in turns but way bigger.
The 2018 Mobs are a little bit wider, better in small waves but not as stable in steeper faces and higher speeds.
/Magnus
22: NFA9'xs
21: NeverStick 9'8
20: Zero 8'5
19: 7'8 Karmen Pro
13: Sherpa BR 12'6
Carbon Racing S and Pro 7"
23: Mint 5’, HM85, CurveH-XL, H-L, FluidH45
23: Droid UP 4,5 & 5,5

coolas

Message par coolas » sam. mars 03, 2018 9:53 am

MagW a écrit :I had to move my feet some in the steepest parts and when turning from side to side really sharp
Yes, this is what I would want to avoid on this board for hollow conditions.
Note that I do not have to move the rear foot on my Fatal 105l on oceanic waves under head high. I am looking at a solution for waves a bit bigger.

What I like in the parallel outline of the Mob is that you can move your rear foot back without changing the feeling of the ride. With more pulled-in tails I often find myself not having the rear foot back enough as the difference in width between the center and the tail makes the board rock a bit more, and inconsciously I think it tend to not step as back as necessary.

So the Mob requires to be more to the rear, but it is easier to get there and stay there...
But once I force myself to be well on the rear on the Fatal, I can forget the board is there, and just engage fully in turns...
compromises, compromises :-)
2019: 7'3" Fatal 105L, Alley 7'8" 105L & 8'1" 120L, Zero 9'0" 115L
2022: Mob 7'6" cool 120L, Alleys custom 7'10" 112L & 8'1" 114L
2023: Karmen custom 7'11" 118L
Surf: 9'1" XTR proto glider

MagW

Message par MagW » sam. mars 03, 2018 7:51 pm

But I think with your power you don't have to move your feet, like I have to . And the 95 liter 2017 is only 71cm wide, the 105 litre 2017 is 73. Like the Fatal. You should have tried it when we met, to get a second opinion.
/Magnus
22: NFA9'xs
21: NeverStick 9'8
20: Zero 8'5
19: 7'8 Karmen Pro
13: Sherpa BR 12'6
Carbon Racing S and Pro 7"
23: Mint 5’, HM85, CurveH-XL, H-L, FluidH45
23: Droid UP 4,5 & 5,5

andyb-SUP

Message par andyb-SUP » jeu. avr. 05, 2018 1:03 pm

Hi Filippo - re the 80 litre Mob - if you get your back foot right back can you avoid moving it from side to side for good turns? I used to have a JP slate (OK, 104 litres for my 70 kg) but had to take large steps from side to side with my back foot to turn it properly. I'm interested that you find this board so versatile; I'm the same weight as you and rarely get onto genuinely fast/big waves

Andy

matt5neufSUP

Message par matt5neufSUP » dim. avr. 15, 2018 10:23 pm

fp1369 a écrit :Hello,
even if my special edition mob isn't a real 2018 (but a special version 80 lt of the "old" 2017), someone could be interested to know how the board performs (I see on shop another one mob 7.2 x 80).
(...)
I think that this type of shape (tomo with some differences) is perfect for volume reduction. Extra thin rails give a perfect surf feeling, but the bigger wet area gives the same power in turns.
(...)
Thank you for your review of this board Filippo!

I was looking for a board to complement my Curve 7'4, either a board with a larger tail for riding smaller waves or a board with a low volume just for challenge sakes. So both the One 6'6 and the Fatal 6'10 were on the map. But when I read your comments on the Mob 80L I knew wanted to have one under my feet!

After only two sessions, it seems this board can give the best of both worlds.

I had one session in slight unfavorable wind with choppy surface where standing on the board was a hell for my 75kgs, so I already know this board won't be my go-to choice for these type of conditions.

But in clean surf the board is a pleasure to ride. Even with the lower volume, it is pretty stable and paddling speed is pretty good. The wave catching power is strong maybe even better than the Curve in small surf. The acceleration kick you get once you drop down on the face of the wave is really nice. Rather than having to pump the board hard to generate speed you can focus more on foot placement for your turns. The large tail and low volume seems to work great together in small surf, tight turns are not a problem even on steeper tight faces, and the large tail is powerfull and forgiving. (maybe a little bit too powerfull at first, but I guess I just need to work a bit on foot placement for more precise turns)

Very pleasant. This board is definitely a keeper!

Matthieu
Mob 7’2 FSP PRO rad 2022
Zero 8'5 FSP PRO 2022
Karmen 7’8 PRO 2023
Karmen 7’3 PRO 2019
Pie 6’11 EPS
Carter 6’8 EPS

Ours
Site Admin

Message par Ours » lun. avr. 16, 2018 11:41 am

8) 8) 8)
GONG owner and shaper

coolas

Message par coolas » lun. avr. 16, 2018 4:38 pm

matt5neufSUP a écrit :Even with the lower volume, it is pretty stable and paddling speed is pretty good.
Très intéressant ton report, merci!

C'est vrai que il y a plein de façons d'aborder cette descente vers la flotabilité neutre, voire négative. Opter pour compenser le sous-volume par un shape intrinsèquement stable est une bonne solution.

fp1369

Message par fp1369 » lun. avr. 16, 2018 5:10 pm

andyb-SUP a écrit :Hi Filippo - re the 80 litre Mob - if you get your back foot right back can you avoid moving it from side to side for good turns? I used to have a JP slate (OK, 104 litres for my 70 kg) but had to take large steps from side to side with my back foot to turn it properly. I'm interested that you find this board so versatile; I'm the same weight as you and rarely get onto genuinely fast/big waves

Andy
Hi Andy,
I surf instinctively and I don't be able to say exatly where I put my back foot, for sure I don't change the position (only sometimes I put a little bit forward to accellerate in very flat section) of back foot when I surf; for sure I havent' to change side to side the back foot. I hope I replied to your answear.
PS: JP isn't a surf brand :D :D :D :D. It's a joke, but in any case a MOB is another universe.
Mob is a really ultra the versatile board; It cab be an all in one supsurfboard for a lot of supsurfers (expecially in Mediterranean waves). From 30/40 cm to 2 mt and a little bit up (or more if the waves are perfect and not too hollow or superfast) is THE board. I tested also mob 95 and the feeling is the same (of course with the different volume).
Filippo
one xtr 6.4, one vector 6.8, one proto pro 2017, fatal xtr 99, fatal pro 2017 6.10 and 7.1,mob proto 7.2 x 80 lt, proto curve 7.4 xtr, zero pro sp 2018, couine marie 10.6.
carbon pro and carbon surf-Salt Paddle Kenu and palika

fp1369

Message par fp1369 » lun. avr. 16, 2018 5:14 pm

matt5neufSUP a écrit :
fp1369 a écrit :Hello,
even if my special edition mob isn't a real 2018 (but a special version 80 lt of the "old" 2017), someone could be interested to know how the board performs (I see on shop another one mob 7.2 x 80).
(...)
I think that this type of shape (tomo with some differences) is perfect for volume reduction. Extra thin rails give a perfect surf feeling, but the bigger wet area gives the same power in turns.
(...)
Thank you for your review of this board Filippo!

I was looking for a board to complement my Curve 7'4, either a board with a larger tail for riding smaller waves or a board with a low volume just for challenge sakes. So both the One 6'6 and the Fatal 6'10 were on the map. But when I read your comments on the Mob 80L I knew wanted to have one under my feet!

After only two sessions, it seems this board can give the best of both worlds.

I had one session in slight unfavorable wind with choppy surface where standing on the board was a hell for my 75kgs, so I already know this board won't be my go-to choice for these type of conditions.

But in clean surf the board is a pleasure to ride. Even with the lower volume, it is pretty stable and paddling speed is pretty good. The wave catching power is strong maybe even better than the Curve in small surf. The acceleration kick you get once you drop down on the face of the wave is really nice. Rather than having to pump the board hard to generate speed you can focus more on foot placement for your turns. The large tail and low volume seems to work great together in small surf, tight turns are not a problem even on steeper tight faces, and the large tail is powerfull and forgiving. (maybe a little bit too powerfull at first, but I guess I just need to work a bit on foot placement for more precise turns)

Very pleasant. This board is definitely a keeper!

Matthieu
After my first session with mob 80 in windy and choppy waves I had not many stability problems, but the board was good, after some sessions I learned the shape and stability isn't a problem even in hard conditions. I'm sure: afters some session mob will be your first choice in these conditions.
one xtr 6.4, one vector 6.8, one proto pro 2017, fatal xtr 99, fatal pro 2017 6.10 and 7.1,mob proto 7.2 x 80 lt, proto curve 7.4 xtr, zero pro sp 2018, couine marie 10.6.
carbon pro and carbon surf-Salt Paddle Kenu and palika

matt5neufSUP

Re: Tout savoir sur les Mob Pro

Message par matt5neufSUP » dim. juin 17, 2018 9:42 pm

Hello,
Ce matin en sortant de l’eau j’ai été interpellé par un surfeur qui se déclara exSUPER du temps de la Greedy et qui voulait juste jeter un œil sur la petite MOB car il avait été assez impressionné par la mobilité de cette board et sa capacité à faire des changements de direction vifs malgré les conditions bidon... Le shortSUP en Gong c’est fun et apparemment ça se voit :D
C’est vrai que même dans des vagues très poussives il y a toujours moyen de générer de la vitesse avec ce large tail qui accélère dans la moindre petite pente. Et au delà de l’accélération naturelle, le tail reste très sensible si le pied arrière est bien placé, même avec une pression minime on peut faire des virages très cours avec un temps de réaction mini du fait du format compact. J’ai presque l’impression de tricher tant cette planche facilite les choses dans le petit.

Par contre personnellement je n’arrive plus à exploiter la planche au delà d’une taille d’épaule. La puissance du tail devient indomptable pour moi. J’ai notamment du mal à mettre la planche sur le rail au bottom et la planche renvoie tellement l’energie de la vague que je n’arrive plus à gérer la vitesse prise après un roller. ( je pars en tout droit à plat très instable et je tombe sans réussir à réengager la planche dans la vague).... Quand je vois les photos de Mika avec la MOB dans des belles grosses vagues... :shock:

Matthieu
Mob 7’2 FSP PRO rad 2022
Zero 8'5 FSP PRO 2022
Karmen 7’8 PRO 2023
Karmen 7’3 PRO 2019
Pie 6’11 EPS
Carter 6’8 EPS

coolas

Message par coolas » lun. juin 18, 2018 8:49 am

C'est clair que tout est compromis, et ce qui la fait si bien marcher dans le mou devient plus dur à gérer dans le creux Landais.
Il me semble que dans les photos de Mika sur des grosses conditions avec des planches larges, il joue beaucoup avec les trajectoires: il prend bien du champ devant au bottom, et a un surf un peu plus horizontal que vertical en haut.

Moi ce qui m'aide c'est de bien penser au "contre virage".
Regarde http://progressionproject.com/paddlewoo ... ttom-turn/ sur le Step 4, on voit nettement le sillage dessiner un virage à gauche avant d'attaquer le "vrai" bottom, virage à droite.

Ce contre virage permet au corps de bien "tomber" dans l'intérieur du virage, et laisse à la planche le temps de se mettre sur le rail, ce qui prend du temps si elle va vite, sans que le début de la mise sur le rail fasse revenir la planche sous le corps et nous redresse malgré nous.

Perso, ce qui marche le mieux c'est m'imaginer me vautrer sur un ballon de gym, qui me force à ce que la planche en "fasse le tour", et me pousse à faire le virage comme une rotation autour de mon ventre:

Ours
Site Admin

Message par Ours » lun. juin 18, 2018 10:06 am

matt5neufSUP a écrit :Par contre personnellement je n’arrive plus à exploiter la planche au delà d’une taille d’épaule. La puissance du tail devient indomptable pour moi. J’ai notamment du mal à mettre la planche sur le rail au bottom et la planche renvoie tellement l’energie de la vague que je n’arrive plus à gérer la vitesse prise après un roller. ( je pars en tout droit à plat très instable et je tombe sans réussir à réengager la planche dans la vague).... Quand je vois les photos de Mika avec la MOB dans des belles grosses vagues...
C'est normal. Tout est dans la préparation de la courbe. Mika a une vague très rapide et longue. Il peut inscrire parfaitement sa planche dans les courbes.
Mais globalement une Mob est trop maniable passé une taille d'épaule en effet. C'est ce qui fait qu'on l'adore dans une taille de hanches.

Merci.
GONG owner and shaper

Patsurf06

Message par Patsurf06 » sam. sept. 15, 2018 11:37 am

Reçu la 7.6 en bon plan…
Super belle , légère , pas si facile que ça dans le merveilleux clapot estival mais j'y arriverai , 5 kgs à perdre et de l'entrainement à prévoir .
Elle glisse bien et il faut trouver la bonne zone d'équilibre , 105 litres c'est chaud quand même mais en se calmant ça va , à 85 kgs ça sera mieux je pense et je vise encore moins.
Je redécouvre les sensations du shortsup après 2 ans de surf only , ici c'est pas assez rentable le surf pur alors voilà le retour. :mrgreen:
@+

Ours
Site Admin

Message par Ours » lun. sept. 17, 2018 4:03 pm

8) 8) 8) re-welcome Patrick :wink:
GONG owner and shaper

matt5neufSUP

Message par matt5neufSUP » mar. sept. 18, 2018 9:45 pm

Hello,

J'ai testé les dérives Al Merrick taille L sur des spots de semi-repli Basques pendant la petite montée de swell de cette fin de matinée.

Malgré le peu de vagues que j'ai choppé à cause du monde à l'eau,des mouvements d'eau pas faciles à gérer debout et de la pagaie cassée dans un petit bowl punchy, j'ai pû constater le comportement très sain de ce montage dans des vagues correspondant plutôt à la plage haute d'utilisation de la planche.

Jusqu'à présent j'avais surfé la Mob avec un montage de Reactor M qui décrochaient trop à mon gout, puis des Carver M plus équilibrées. J' avais surtout apprécié la Mob dans des vagues ou l'énergie venait plus du dynamisme de la planche que de la puissance de la vague.

Les Al Merrick tempèrent énormément le comportementde la Mob et permettent d'aborder des vagues plus puissantes avec plus de sérénité. C'est comme si toutes les réactions de la planche étaient ralenties de 20%, on a plus le temps de comprendre ce qui se passe et d'adapter les appuis en fonction. Les transistions sont douces et progessives Donc:
- parfait pour faire un vrai bottom plus allongé, plutôt qu'un virage court et sec (qui aurait été bien sur une vague molle)
- parfait pour caler des courbes appuyées sans décrochage intempestif du tail.

Grace à un simple jeu de dérives je viens de repousser ma plage d'utilisation de la petite Mob de manière très intérressante :D
Mob 7’2 FSP PRO rad 2022
Zero 8'5 FSP PRO 2022
Karmen 7’8 PRO 2023
Karmen 7’3 PRO 2019
Pie 6’11 EPS
Carter 6’8 EPS

Répondre

Revenir à « "Tout savoir sur les planches rigides", les sujets officiels »