beginner settings

Tout pour bien débuter / All you need for your first steps
alex88

beginner settings

Message par alex88 » mar. juin 09, 2020 7:30 pm

hello guys

just received my new Zuma 6.0' and would like some advise on the settings for an absolute beginner on foil please!
[/b]
73kg, 1.70 and a fairly experienced windsurfer, SUPer, etc with no problems handling the wing -in a sup so far.

so,
1. straps or no straps to start with ? just the front ones ? or better to leave them for later ?
2. when i do fit them, which is the best hole placement to start with, middle holes both front and back feet or better to move the front strap on the 1st/2nd hole forward to have a bit more leverage on the front foot?
3. middle placement of the mast or forward positions #5 or #6 to help flying a little earlier/easier in my first attempts
4. relevant to mast placement, which is the optimal position for the back foot? right on top of the mast or slightly behind it? (i am thinking to have a couple of markers in case you advise no straps at the beginning)

any adjustments that you would advise to the above settings after the first few flights? I guess bringing the mast more to the centre if not slightly back? and move the straps as well? is there a norm or just experiment and see what works for me?

thanks in advance everybody !

hecub

Re: beginner settings

Message par hecub » mar. juin 09, 2020 8:37 pm

L'Ours advises to put everything in the middle.

As about when to put the straps, I'd say: learn to fly without. Once you fly, put on the front straps. I didn't try putting the back strap yet, my understanding is that it's more advanced.
Surf: Lethal foil 4'6
Wing: Droïd 6-5 - Neutra 4, Cruzader Diamond 6'0
Foil: Sirus XXL - XL - L, Curve H XL - L - M
YouTube

alex88

Message par alex88 » lun. juin 15, 2020 6:54 pm

thank you! -going for the middle settings probably makes sense

i am a little confused though with regards to the mast position: the instructional video says go for a middle setting as you suggest while the instructions in the foil section suggest the 'back third for gong foils' ?

I guess it will have to do with the wind strength as well, i.e. go for the back setting to have more control if there is enough wind to fly early and move it to the front if conditions are marginal??

thank you

hecub

Message par hecub » mar. juin 16, 2020 12:51 am

The advise I've seen on several occasions is to always mount the foil at the same place. It's better to keep marks and habits at least at the beginning.

That said, before I had straps installed, I learned with the foil in the middle, then one day I changed to full front. It changed my feet placement for take off bit it didn't feel so much different overall. I suppose with the straps on it would have more impact.
Surf: Lethal foil 4'6
Wing: Droïd 6-5 - Neutra 4, Cruzader Diamond 6'0
Foil: Sirus XXL - XL - L, Curve H XL - L - M
YouTube

alex88

Message par alex88 » mar. juin 16, 2020 4:46 pm

thank you once again for sharing

Répondre

Revenir à « WING : Premiers pas / First steps »