Choix wing, board foil coherents ou non pour les conditions locales?

Tout pour bien débuter / All you need for your first steps
Charles 55,7 N

Choix wing, board foil coherents ou non pour les conditions locales?

Message par Charles 55,7 N » sam. févr. 08, 2020 12:30 pm

J'ai jamais ecris sur le forum (par contre je l'ai potassé de fonds en comble 8) , donc j'espère que je post au bon endroit...

Bonjour à tous, comme tout le monde j'ai besoin de conseils pour savoir si mes choix sont cohérents.

Background:
Les conditions locales sont majoritairement de la mer du vent. Normalement je SUP mais quand on a au dessus de 1m de vagues c'est très rarement avec moins de 20-25 noeuds side-on, et le chantier. Du coup je progresse pas vite même si j'adore ma NFA 10' je me régale mais pas dans mes conditions locales. Donc je me pose la question si le wing foil est pas la solution pour les jours les plus courants ici et multiplier les sessions: 10 - 20 nds de vent petite houle de 0,5m - 1m qui ne casse pas, periode 4s-5s.

Profile:
4 ans de SUP (longboard, NFA 10') j'adore et c'est mon support préféré. Niveau moyen, take off sans problème,... pour les noses c'est pas encore au top mais je travaille dessus quand c'est pas le chantier. Par contre vu les conditions plutôt très moyennes j'ai l'habitude de ramer dans 20 à 25 noeuds de vent et beaucoup de clapot et du take off dans du multipeak.
5 ans de kite il y a quelques années
10-20 ans de wind (on and off depuis que j'ai 12 ans)... mais ca fait encore plus d'années et j'ai plus la condition ni vraimment l'occasion de garder un bon niveau dans les conditions béton où on s'amuse. Trop de matos, trop cher, etc... etc...
1,88m - 89kgs... et 49 balais.
Jamais fait de foil.

Matos envisagé:
Zuma 6,9-140 L (vent irregulier)
Allvator XXL (?) - est ce le bon choix?
Wing superpower 6 (?) pour les 15 - 20 noeuds... est ce que c'est trop pointu ou gérable vu mon background sur d'autre support
...et dés que possible une Superpower 9 pour aller dans le superlight 10-15 noeuds quand j'aurais le niveau. Et une Wing pulse 5 pour le 18 - 24 noeuds et une houle un peu plus large 1m - 1,5m (mais plutot molle max 6s).

Merci d'avance pour vos conseils et retour
Aloha
C.
NFA 10' Fsp
Zuma 6'9 FSP2
Wing Plus 7m
Foil allvator rise XXL

Ours
Site Admin

Re: Choix wing, board foil coherents ou non pour les conditions locales?

Message par Ours » lun. févr. 10, 2020 9:25 am

Hello,

ça semble parfait ;-)

Merci.
GONG owner and shaper

Charles 55,7 N

Message par Charles 55,7 N » lun. févr. 10, 2020 1:13 pm

Merci beaucoup P.,
Y a plus qu'à commander et s'y coller. 8)

C.
NFA 10' Fsp
Zuma 6'9 FSP2
Wing Plus 7m
Foil allvator rise XXL

dani

Message par dani » sam. mars 07, 2020 11:27 pm

Hi

I have a similar question. I'm 83 kg, 177cm, 42 years. I started windsurfing about 35 years ago, kite surfing about 15 years ago. Since I do not live close to the sea, my days on the water are limited to the few weeks of vacations per year. Nevertheless, I managed to achieve a reasonable level. I'm not that much into freestyle tricks. But I can say that I have a very good feeling for any kind of board and gliding sport. I also do a lot of snowboarding. However, I do not have any foil experience.

I want to learn winging. Because it looks fantastic and because it might finally be a way to get on the water on the lake close to our house. Because on that lake we're not allowed to kite. And the conditions are limited to flat water and really low winds, i.e. 12-14 knots on some rare days, usually rather around 8-10 knots. So what I'm aiming at is cruising on the lake with low winds, just jibes, no jumps.

Looking at the buying guides and tables, I was thinking of
- Zuma 6'3 & Allvator 65 XL
- Superpower 9m2

However, having read some of l'ours' other posts, I'm not sure whether starting with a 9m2 is feasible. On the other hand, the 9m2 seems like my only chance to fly on our lake in those low wind conditions.
If I had to start with a smaller wing, e.g. a Superpower 6m2, I would have to wait until October (when I finally might get the chance for some days of vacation at the sea with stronger winds - this year is a bit tricky to travel for me).

As for the board, the Flint 5'6 or 5'8 look tempting as well. I'm aware that the Zuma is better suited for beginners. But well...

I'm grateful for any advice. Et en francais ça va aussi, si jamais. (mais pour moi c'est plus facile d'écrire en Anglais ;-))

Merci!

Fred06

Message par Fred06 » dim. mars 08, 2020 3:35 pm

I would consider a xxl: fly sooner, goes slower but is that an issue on a lake? And usable for foil pumping.
Generally speaking I would got a quiver that avoids frustration so a quiver that works for everyday s conditions

dani

Message par dani » sam. mars 14, 2020 10:12 pm

Ok! XXL makes sense. What mast length would you recommend?

And any inputs on the 9m2 superpower for a beginner, anybody?

And Zuma or Flint?

Looks like I might be stuck at the lake for some time this year...

Ours
Site Admin

Message par Ours » mer. mars 18, 2020 9:25 am

Hello,

forget the Superpower 9m2 to begin. It is really really big. How can you learn the way to handle it? Everything is possible, but this will not be fun.

Sure, you need a big board like the Flint: it flies earlier than others.
And an XXL foil, yes.

Would be better to start with a 7m in 15 knots for your first steps.

Thanks,
GONG owner and shaper

dani

Message par dani » dim. mars 22, 2020 1:39 pm

Hi l'Ours

Thanks a lot for your advise!

Despite choosing a 7m2 Pulse instead of a 9m2 Superpower might mean that I reduce the days on the water with enough wind by a factor of 4 (i.e. 4 times less time to learn... especially with borders closed right now due to Corona measures), I should probably go for the 7m2.

Would you go for the 7m2 Pulse, Plus or Plus Limited? looking at the description, I'd choose a Pulse.

The flint looks tempting. So would a Flint 5'8 be fine? Or better a Zuma 6'3?

So XXL Foil with 65 cm mast?
What additional Foil and/or mast would you recommend in order to progress after the first couple of steps? I might just order that as well in order to save some shipping cost :-) What about a XL wing and at 80 cm mast?

I'm I right that the leash for the wing is not included when ordering the wing? So I need a leash for the wing and a leash for the board?
Wing: 5'5 Wrist Coiled
Board: 5'5 Ankle Coiled

And just to be sure: I have several pumps (kite, inflatable SUP) with different connectors. I assume that at least one of them will fit to the Gong wing. Or do you use some non-industry-standard?

Thanks again! and stay healthy :-)

MagW

Message par MagW » dim. mars 22, 2020 10:51 pm

The XXL will make you fly at lower speeds, to compensate for bad technique and ligther winds.
45/65 and you will also want an 80cm mast after some sessions.
/Magnus
22: NFA9'xs
21: NeverStick 9'8
20: Zero 8'5
19: 7'8 Karmen Pro
13: Sherpa BR 12'6
Carbon Racing S and Pro 7"
23: Mint 5’, HM85, CurveH-XL, H-L, FluidH45
23: Droid UP 4,5 & 5,5

Fred06

Message par Fred06 » lun. mars 23, 2020 11:02 am

If you don't have big area of shallow water, I think you can go directly for the 80cm mast. Gong sells the 65cm by default in their packages, but I suppose that you can contact them to change for the 80cm.

Répondre

Revenir à « WING : Premiers pas / First steps »