The new Gong technology

Saturnx

The new Gong technology

Message par Saturnx » dim. avr. 28, 2013 8:20 am

Hi there - I've posted this a couple of times but it has maybe got lost amongst other threads.

I am trying to find out exactly what the "new technology" to making the boards stronger is. I've read that the deck is stronger and the fin boxes and rails are stronger but can someone be a bit more specific and tell me exactly how this has been done? I'd like to know if this is specifically more layers of glass, stronger stringers etc or new ways of laminating? I'd just like to know exactly what is new etc.

I understand it creates a stronger yet heavier board but can someone tell me how much heavier?

Many thanks :D

jonysan

Message par jonysan » dim. avr. 28, 2013 11:00 am

Hi,
I've posted this quote from L'Ours, from the technologie Pro Kill it thread in November 2012,
[/quote]
Hello,

toutes les planches GONG ont été renforcées au niveau des box de dérives suite à une majorité de demandes en ce sens, et ce depuis le container 9.

Le container de Pro étant le 8, une grosse moitié de ce C8 a bénéficié de ces renforts.

Les Semi Pro en sont donc toutes équipées, comme les Epoxy, Bamby et Caribou et Panther.

Merci.

.. there is more information about the use of stringers, lay up of rails, pvc inserts around fin boxes, but I can't find these at the moment. Hopefully someone will be along soon and direct you to the info.
A lot of the changes in construction are ongoing, and seem a balance between, making an affordable, light, surfboard, with designs that can be changed, that maybe will need some looking after, but you know will perform, versus a bullet proof, covered with graphics, highly mass produced, board that will be twice the price of a Bamby.
Personally I like fitting the deck pad, and repairing a few dings,

I'll keep looking for that information on construction, I'm sure I didn't imagine it !!
Caribou Soul 9'6 , , , 4 x4 Fract 8'1, Gong Bamby Faking 6'11, Salt Paddle Palika, Carbon Curl,
Ambassador -south west area U.K.

Saturnx

Message par Saturnx » dim. avr. 28, 2013 11:55 am

jonysan a écrit :Hi,
I've posted this quote from L'Ours, from the technologie Pro Kill it thread in November 2012,

Hello,

toutes les planches GONG ont été renforcées au niveau des box de dérives suite à une majorité de demandes en ce sens, et ce depuis le container 9.

Le container de Pro étant le 8, une grosse moitié de ce C8 a bénéficié de ces renforts.

Les Semi Pro en sont donc toutes équipées, comme les Epoxy, Bamby et Caribou et Panther.

Merci.

.. there is more information about the use of stringers, lay up of rails, pvc inserts around fin boxes, but I can't find these at the moment. Hopefully someone will be along soon and direct you to the info.
A lot of the changes in construction are ongoing, and seem a balance between, making an affordable, light, surfboard, with designs that can be changed, that maybe will need some looking after, but you know will perform, versus a bullet proof, covered with graphics, highly mass produced, board that will be twice the price of a Bamby.
Personally I like fitting the deck pad, and repairing a few dings,

I'll keep looking for that information on construction, I'm sure I didn't imagine it !![/quote]

Thanks - I did email direct but didn't get an answer that gave me any detail of which helped....apart from the boards are a bit heavier, it is in the laminations and we like stronger boards. Not sure about you but I like to know exactly what I am buying.......fixing a ding know again is fine with me too....but boards that ding from light bumps are a pain. I have a "mass produced" board by one of the big name brands.....it is certainly tougher and surfs great. Also have a Gong and it surfs great but is more fragile......but the price is nicer :D :D

Saturnx

Message par Saturnx » mar. avr. 30, 2013 7:31 am

Hi Patrice - any advice you can give me? :D

Ours
Site Admin

Message par Ours » mer. mai 01, 2013 2:53 pm

Hello,

in french :

Fondamentalement je n'ai rien changé. J'améliore constamment, c'est tout.
J'ai donc listé l'autre jour l'ensemble des améliorations majeures effectuées cette année. C'est ce qui vous a perturbé.
Mais communiquer non stop sur chaque évolution de chaque point serait un travail que je n'ai pas le temps de faire.

Les planches sont donc tout simplement de mieux en mieux, selon VOS critères de qualité. Car je rappelle que je fais ces planches pour vous. C'est donc naturel que je fasse évoluer les produits selon vos envies (celles de la majorité pertinente :lol: :lol: :lol: ) par rapport au développement que j'effectue.

In english:

There is no big change. I upgrade almost every month each product.
Changes are based on your comments here and thru emails. If you ask/complain for something, i change it. I make board for YOU, so my job i to listen to the main demands and find solutions.

So the Bamby, the Epoxy, the Caribou, the Pro, the Panther are better and better, month after month.

You complained about fin box. We changed all the process to make something very strong: PVC reinforcement, layers over the box, and many more "tricks".

Rails and top/bottom are much stronger.

But again, it is not a "change". It is an evolution. Container after container.
The biggest change on the fins installation has been done in July 2012. If you look at the complains on this topic, you can see that they decreased close to zero this autumn.

Let me know your questions please.

Thanks,

Saturnx

Message par Saturnx » ven. mai 10, 2013 9:35 am

Ours a écrit :Hello,

in french :

Fondamentalement je n'ai rien changé. J'améliore constamment, c'est tout.
J'ai donc listé l'autre jour l'ensemble des améliorations majeures effectuées cette année. C'est ce qui vous a perturbé.
Mais communiquer non stop sur chaque évolution de chaque point serait un travail que je n'ai pas le temps de faire.

Les planches sont donc tout simplement de mieux en mieux, selon VOS critères de qualité. Car je rappelle que je fais ces planches pour vous. C'est donc naturel que je fasse évoluer les produits selon vos envies (celles de la majorité pertinente :lol: :lol: :lol: ) par rapport au développement que j'effectue.

In english:

There is no big change. I upgrade almost every month each product.
Changes are based on your comments here and thru emails. If you ask/complain for something, i change it. I make board for YOU, so my job i to listen to the main demands and find solutions.

So the Bamby, the Epoxy, the Caribou, the Pro, the Panther are better and better, month after month.

You complained about fin box. We changed all the process to make something very strong: PVC reinforcement, layers over the box, and many more "tricks".

Rails and top/bottom are much stronger.

But again, it is not a "change". It is an evolution. Container after container.
The biggest change on the fins installation has been done in July 2012. If you look at the complains on this topic, you can see that they decreased close to zero this autumn.

Let me know your questions please.

Thanks,
:)

Répondre

Revenir à « Les différentes gammes et technologies de fabrication GONGSUP »