Zero 8'5 or NFA 9' Xs

IcSurf

Zero 8'5 or NFA 9' Xs

Message par IcSurf » mar. févr. 11, 2020 12:45 am

Hello,

I love my Zero Pro 9' 115L 2019. I'd like to replace it is I find it a bit wide and heavy as it was a second choice at 9kg. I'm 72kgs and 5'9 and find it slightly big.

I mainly surf smaller to medium sized waves. I nose ride sometimes but also enjoy carving off the tail. I enjoy the ease of which the 9' Zero floats into a wave on take offs. I'm a good intermediate and the 8'5 Zero looks great but I'm not sure if the width will be enough. I surfed a Sunova Speed in Portugal on holiday for a week which was 8'5 27.5" and was comfortable but it had a square stubby nose. The NFA Xs looks very well suited to the waves I surf and with a narrower width than my current zero and 5L less it should be quick, responsive and with the weight loss very reactive.

Any thoughts on which one? Perhaps both..
2019 Zero 9' 115L
Gong Carbon Pro Paddle 7
XLT, LT, Curve Pro Foil
V2 Alu 95 mast
85cm Carbon mast
5'1 Matata Foil 55L (and 85L other brand)

Fred GONG

Re: Zero 8'5 or NFA 9' Xs

Message par Fred GONG » mar. févr. 11, 2020 1:36 pm

Hello,

The Zero is one of the Longboards, it can be a unique Board because it will go through a lot of conditions, it is also the favourite of those who like the ease of the Longboard, but who likes above all to have a Shortboard ride. In short, it is a Longboard by its length, but with a Shortboard soul.

The NFA is a pure Longboard, which will do everything in a Longboard register. The different sizes and widths offered simply allow you to choose the one that is best suited to your size and level.

So, what is your prefered / favourite move ? Your answer will give you your choice :wink:

Thank you.
GONG team / Modérateur / May the foil be with you !

IcSurf

Message par IcSurf » mar. févr. 11, 2020 2:24 pm

I like nice bottom turns leaning fully over onto my paddle, I like noseriding, cut backs, racing down the line and also smooth S turns. I guess a bit of everything.. My level has improved alot on the Zero but I would like a smaller more manageable board for my size.

I'm just not sure if the 8'5 at its volume and width would be a step to far for me at the moment.

I think the 9' XS would be lighter, smaller width, 5L volume and be more manageable than my current Zero. This may help my progression more in the short term and be a quiver board for a long time.

??
2019 Zero 9' 115L
Gong Carbon Pro Paddle 7
XLT, LT, Curve Pro Foil
V2 Alu 95 mast
85cm Carbon mast
5'1 Matata Foil 55L (and 85L other brand)

MagW

Message par MagW » mar. févr. 11, 2020 6:21 pm

The shape of the NFA is close to your Zero. I think the NFA xs would be a nice board for your needs, a bit of everything. You will feel the weight difference in sharp turns and in the acceleration. The turns are smoother on the the new NFAs than your "old" Zero.
Easy progression, and better glide in smaller waves than the 8'5.
/Magnus
22: NFA9'xs
21: NeverStick 9'8
20: Zero 8'5
19: 7'8 Karmen Pro
13: Sherpa BR 12'6
Carbon Racing S and Pro 7"
23: Mint 5’, HM85, CurveH-XL, H-L, FluidH45
23: Droid UP 4,5 & 5,5

Répondre

Revenir à « Choisir sa planche / Choose your board »