Natural progression in sup surf?

dipet

Natural progression in sup surf?

Message par dipet » lun. févr. 10, 2020 9:43 pm

My situation: coming from windsurfing over 30 years, then sup surfing 2 years ,now wingfoiling since last summer, 2x a week, mainly on lakes.
What would be a natural progression for me 70-72kg?
My board so far: Quattro 8'2, 120l, 32 wide.
I am looking at the new zero 8'5 pro, with 100l and the karmen 7'11 pro at 105l.
Do you think this is possible? I am looking for a one board that does it all, with nice turning abilities and where I can improve and learn the next years
I have ridden on vacation 2 different boards, with 115l and 120 l with no big problem (29 wide).
Although I live in Switzerland(only flat water, although in spring we have a standing wave on the river!) I only go several times a year for one week to sup surf and foil on the ocean. I do believe the wingfoiling, soon with Lemon 4'10! Yeah... helps with the balance of the sup boards in the waves.
Your opinions and advices are greatly appreciated!
I am currently not really into longboard style but the shape of the zero is nevertheless appealing+very narrow at the tail!.
Waves ridden so far: Italy, Liguria, Bretagne,Cap finistere, Panama, Next: Sardinia....etc.
Definitely will go again to Bretagne! Love it!
Thanks for any advice!
I do love GONG!
Great work Patrice!

Gesendet von meinem MAR-LX1A mit Tapatalk

coolas

Re: Natural progression in sup surf?

Message par coolas » lun. févr. 10, 2020 10:56 pm

Hello,
Your best bet will be the Karmen 7'11". It can do anything, and work for any kind of surf style.

The Zero can tackle anything, but will require you commit more to modern longboarding techniques, so I am not sure if it is what you are looking for. For instance the narrow tail and wide point forward with less outline curve in the rear section will make the bord shine at speed, and require some technique from the rider to provide it speed in weaker waves. So go for it if you are ready to take the time to learn how to make it work, but I am not sure it would be the safest option with only some weeks per year of use. And the Zero 8'5" is not very wide, you may end up "wasting" the first days of your week getting back your sea legs... the web page, always very accurate, state "70kg max".
2019: 7'3" Fatal 105L, Alley 7'8" 105L & 8'1" 120L, Zero 9'0" 115L
2022: Mob 7'6" cool 120L, Alleys custom 7'10" 112L & 8'1" 114L
2023: Karmen custom 7'11" 118L
Surf: 9'1" XTR proto glider

dipet

Re: Natural progression in sup surf?

Message par dipet » lun. févr. 10, 2020 11:50 pm

Thanks for your answer Coolas..I wasn't 100% sure about the Karmen... Now I am... It's the best all-round board as you say, so you have me convinced

Gesendet von meinem MAR-LX1A mit Tapatalk

Répondre

Revenir à « Choisir sa planche / Choose your board »