Tout savoir sur les Cloud WoodCKFusion 2018

coolas

Re: Tout savoir sur les Cloud WoodCKFusion 2018

Message par coolas » jeu. janv. 31, 2019 4:21 pm

Hi Pierluigi,

I do not know what you are looking for in a new board, but I would advise to get a Karmen 7'8" 95L FSP instead:

- The Karmen shape is quite incredible: easy and performing, so smooth in turns.
- The FSP construction is both more impact resistant, especially on the rails, and lighter than the WXKF

I'd advise to use the Cloud in a thruster set up (central fin the same size as the sides) if you want to enhance its looseness.
2019: 7'3" Fatal 105L, Alley 7'8" 105L & 8'1" 120L, Zero 9'0" 115L
2022: Mob 7'6" cool 120L, Alleys custom 7'10" 112L & 8'1" 114L
2023: Karmen custom 7'11" 118L
Surf: 9'1" XTR proto glider

JGONG

Message par JGONG » jeu. janv. 31, 2019 5:44 pm

ws513 a écrit :Hi Everyone, it has been a while since last time I've used the forum, so it seems I've had to reactivate a new account.
I'm 1.76 and weight 70kg. I'm currently using a Cloud 7'8" 100LT xtr as my main board. I'was thinking to change it for the Cloud 7'7" 95LT WCKF. (https://gongsupshop.com/epages/box1707. ... UPCLOUD77W)

With the 7'7" can I expect a little more rowing speed (due to its reduced width), and a little less rigidity?
One more thing, is the stock central fin a little bit too long for my size?

Thanks Pierluigi

Hello Pierluigi welcome back!

In term of speed purely off the paddle, there will be very little difference, because the lengths are so close. The Carbon from the XTR makes it more rigid, and all in all its a little less tolerant, but it makes it much more dynamic. The XTR version is the lightest, but the shape, especially the back end is very different. The XTR version is in a Quad setup with a tail that was quite large that allows for a better relaunch and picking up speed. The counterpart is surfing, to do more ample turns, and a 'rail to rail' that's more brutal, and you get the feeling the Boards riding you when in angling at high speeds. The tail of the WCKF is thinner, and offers less surface, an important point, it's mounted in 2+1, knowing that she can be surfed in Sri-Fin, which will give you more pivot, and tighten up your turns. The 'rail to rail' will be more dynamic and instinctive, because to only is it in Sri Fin, but the width will be reduced as well. These are the precise points with which you'll have real changes in your surfing.

En terme de vitesse pure à la rame, il y aura très peu de différence, car les longueurs de ces deux planches sont très proches. Le carbone de la XTR donne une planche plus rigide, et l’ensemble est un peu moins tolérant, mais il donne surtout beaucoup de dynamisme. La version XTR est plus légère, mais le shape, surtout sur sa partie arrière est très différent. La version XTR était montée en quad avec un tail assez large qui permettait d'avoir beaucoup de relance et de prise de vitesse. La contre partie en surf, c’est de faire des virages plus amples, et un passage « rail to rail » plus brutal, et tu as peut-être l’impression de subir la planche dans les prises de carre à haute vitesse. Le tail de la version WCKF est plus fin, et offre moins de surface, et point important, c’est un montage en 2+1, sachant que tu peux la surfer en tri fin, ce qui te permettra d’avoir plus de pivot, et de serrer d’avantage les virages. Le « rail to rail » sera aussi plus dynamique et plus instinctif, car en plus du montage des dérives, la largeur est également réduite. C’est sur ces points précis que tu auras de vrais changements dans ton surf.

Thanks
Jeff Spicoli : All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.

Lieutenant Colonel Kilgore : Charlie don't Surf............

Shane Dorian : I Surf to get a Tan.....

World Master of Customer Service in the GONG GALAXY..

Luca Rua

Message par Luca Rua » ven. févr. 01, 2019 5:06 pm

Ciao Pierluigi,

Bentornato sul forum, ottimo posto per avere consigli e condividere le proprie esperienze. Per me potresti indirizzarti direttamente sui nostri nuovi modelli con la tecnologia FSP, super rigida e leggera, una vera rivoluzione.
Per quanto riguarda la scelta che tipologia di onde surfi?

Se hai bisogno di consigli specifici in italiano passami una mail a [email protected] , a disposizione.
ws513 a écrit :Hi Everyone, it has been a while since last time I've used the forum, so it seems I've had to reactivate a new account.
I'm 1.76 and weight 70kg. I'm currently using a Cloud 7'8" 100LT xtr as my main board. I'was thinking to change it for the Cloud 7'7" 95LT WCKF. (https://gongsupshop.com/epages/box1707. ... UPCLOUD77W)

With the 7'7" can I expect a little more rowing speed (due to its reduced width), and a little less rigidity?
One more thing, is the stock central fin a little bit too long for my size?

Thanks Pierluigi
// GONG STAFF //

ws513

Message par ws513 » lun. févr. 11, 2019 9:27 am

Thanks Luca,
I'll keep that in mind, even thought it does not bother me communicate in english in the forum.
I surf mainly in the tirrenian sea (Ostia near Rome), and somethimes in the adriatic sea because I've my parents that live there. So I surf mostly mushy waves.
I've was thinking at the cloud because I had found a good deal but I had the chance to try it and in fact it is very similar to my XTR 7'8". So I think that meanwhile I'll stay with the 7'8", and I'll start saving some money for the Karmen.

Thanks Pierluigi. :D

Luca Rua

Message par Luca Rua » lun. févr. 11, 2019 7:28 pm

Hello Pierluigi,

The Karmen will be the best option for all the reasons mentioned before. Especially to get the best performance in the Italian mushy conditions. It keeps the agility of a shortboard while it has a better balance because the volume distribution, the bullet nose and the square diamond tail to have a great maneuverability in every conditions. As soon as you get your budget ready send us an email. We will be looking for you.

Have a good day.
// GONG STAFF //

Giorgio676

Message par Giorgio676 » mer. janv. 19, 2022 7:52 pm

Bonjour.

Je viens aux infos sur la Cloud 9/10
Cette board correspond à une Longboard?
Elle sont solides?

Suis débutant en Sup Surf, je fait 75kg ce serait bien pour moi?
Une board facile de part ses dimensions?
J'en fait dans des vagues faciles et plutôt molles, je vais aussi parfois dans les Landes en vacances.

Merci

coolas

Message par coolas » mer. janv. 19, 2022 10:38 pm

Oui, elle a un rocker d'un longboard (donc la même glisse), même si elle a un avant plus pointu.

C'est une très bonne planche pour débuter, une planche à tout faire. La Karmen en est sa descendante.
Une fois débrouillé, vu ton poids tu pourras passer sur plus petit, mais elle t'assurera une progression facile.
2019: 7'3" Fatal 105L, Alley 7'8" 105L & 8'1" 120L, Zero 9'0" 115L
2022: Mob 7'6" cool 120L, Alleys custom 7'10" 112L & 8'1" 114L
2023: Karmen custom 7'11" 118L
Surf: 9'1" XTR proto glider

Giorgio676

Message par Giorgio676 » mer. janv. 19, 2022 11:38 pm

Parfait !

Merci

Répondre

Revenir à « "Tout savoir sur les planches rigides", les sujets officiels »