High Aspect foil wings?

Lars

High Aspect foil wings?

Message par Lars » mer. avr. 08, 2020 9:48 am

Hi,

Currently really liking the gong Allvator XL and L pro clear foil, started re-enjoying the surf here in the Netherlands :D .
The XL has a good pump ability, connected the first couple of waves, so I'm really happy with that.
Where the L is a lot of fun on the ''bigger'' days, going really fast and doing some nice wide turns, find it more difficult to keep the speed while pumping.

I'm wondering if gong is planning to release some high aspect wings in the future?
They seem to have a massive improvement in the pumping efficiency, the downside they are harder to turn.
The improved pump ability would be really nice one those small days where you can easily connect multiple waves.

Are there also plans to release some shorter fuselages options?

Thanks in advance

Cheers,

Lars
Foil: XL & L Veloce and the M pro
Board: Lethal 5'1 FSP

Seabass

Re: High Aspect foil wings?

Message par Seabass » ven. avr. 10, 2020 9:20 pm

I am hoping for the same as Lars, crossing my fingers :D

Sylou33

Message par Sylou33 » sam. avr. 11, 2020 9:32 pm

+1 :wink:
Even if Pro allvator are higher aspect than the classic ones.

dipet

Message par dipet » sam. avr. 11, 2020 10:19 pm

Same here...plus one for higher aspect wing and thinner

Gesendet von meinem MAR-LX1A mit Tapatalk

coolas

Message par coolas » mar. juil. 20, 2021 6:57 am

About Very High Aspect foils, today "von Piros" (Robert Pirie), a foil expert that may have ridden all the different foils available for years - and not really a fan of the Gong brand - just said today to somebody that was asking:
"I'm curious to see when Gong finally produces a high aspect foil wing. They highest they do is barely middle of the road. Otherwise their foils are pretty awesome."
von Piros a écrit :Yes & no. The [Gong] Veloce L&T 90 isn't far off the mark at all , it's similar to design and spec of the new Axis BSC range 890 & 970 , plus along the lines of the new UNI 190 Vyper & Signature Game Changer 1260 . Yes these all aren't HA foils but that's where the market is going to high performing mid to higher aspect foils. I've been riding the Axis 890 BSC and it is the easiest / higher performance foil I have ever ridden, it's only mid to high at best. I'm over the super high aspect foils , yes they have moments of brillance but Dam they are hard work.
(typos edited)
Source: https://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Sta ... =1#2689716

PS: Lars first post on this thread is one year old, since then new Gong foils modesl (fluid) have been made available with thinner profiles, that may be a better overall solution than ultra high aspect foils.
2019: 7'3" Fatal 105L, Alley 7'8" 105L & 8'1" 120L, Zero 9'0" 115L
2022: Mob 7'6" cool 120L, Alleys custom 7'10" 112L & 8'1" 114L
2023: Karmen custom 7'11" 118L
Surf: 9'1" XTR proto glider

sn0

Message par sn0 » mar. juil. 20, 2021 9:52 am

However I do believe Piros is not very kin on pumping and dock starting, which is one of the areas where very high aspect front wings can have their uses for some.

Répondre

Revenir à « Tout ce qui parle de matos foil et qui ne rentre pas dans les autres rubriques »