All foils : don't foil in the crowd

Tout savoir sur comment foiler / All you need to know about how to foil
coolas

All foils : don't foil in the crowd

Message par coolas » dim. mars 31, 2019 7:01 am

Jeff Clark, un des pionniers du foil en californie (et du surf de gros à Maverick), foile dans un des spots les plus peuplés du monde: Cowell à Santa Cruz (c'est parait-il un des seuls endroits du coin sans algues, qui sont infernales en foil)

Il est passé pas loin de la catastrophe... et de l'interdiction du foil.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BviX_3xgU2k/

Un des gros dangers du foil sera peut être les bons foilers qui vont se croire infaillibles...
2019: 7'3" Fatal 105L, Alley 7'8" 105L & 8'1" 120L, Zero 9'0" 115L
2022: Mob 7'6" cool 120L, Alleys custom 7'10" 112L & 8'1" 114L
2023: Karmen custom 7'11" 118L
Surf: 9'1" XTR proto glider

titi83

Re: Il ne faut pas foiler dans la foule

Message par titi83 » mar. avr. 02, 2019 1:26 pm

ah oui chaud.mais le type avec le chien lui ferme la sortie....moyennement sympa.
evidemment le spot surpeuplé laisse mions le droit a l'erreur. :x
vulcan 8.11
OD 7,2
queen marie 10'
7.2 MOB taste foil
pagaie kenu,et carbone mix
motivation 200%

Fred GONG

Message par Fred GONG » mar. avr. 02, 2019 2:49 pm

Étonnant de la part d'un surfer comme Jeff Clark qui a surfé seul et secrètement la vague de Mavericks pendant plus de 10 ans, avant que la vague ne soit médiatisée... :?
GONG team / Modérateur / May the foil be with you !

lemoineo

Message par lemoineo » mar. avr. 02, 2019 3:22 pm

Mais le chien est débutant en surf ! :?
Aile : Rally 7m, Hornet 4m, Wing Plus 2023 5m et 4m
Flotteur : Lance 5.9" FSP, foil Rise XL, Curve XL, Fluid XL, Paddle CM 10.6"
Pilote : 71ans, 83kg, 1m75, Noirmoutier (Barbâtre)

coolas

Message par coolas » mar. avr. 02, 2019 3:29 pm

On a eu un peu plus d'explications:

Jeff Clark foilait loin sur l'épaule, mais sur la fin de la vague, il s'est fait couper le chemin par le mec avec le chien (le chien dans l'eau de Santa Cruz en mars, c'est pratiquement de la matraitance), du coup il a du se rabattre vers l'intérieur.

Mais bon, il reste coupable de s'être mis dans cette situation. Ça devait se voir de loin que le gars avec le chien allait tenter de partir.

lemoineo

Message par lemoineo » mar. avr. 02, 2019 4:19 pm

Avec un chien pas petit (20kg à vue), celà fait un gros balourd ....
Aile : Rally 7m, Hornet 4m, Wing Plus 2023 5m et 4m
Flotteur : Lance 5.9" FSP, foil Rise XL, Curve XL, Fluid XL, Paddle CM 10.6"
Pilote : 71ans, 83kg, 1m75, Noirmoutier (Barbâtre)

coolas

Message par coolas » sam. avr. 20, 2019 11:19 am

Le foiler, Jeff Clark, a posté sa version:
Jeff Clark a écrit :FEAR THE HATE NOT THE FOIL

When I became aware of the video that was posted on Instagram by @myallsnaps to promote his anti-foil objective, it was really disappointing that the truth was hidden behind sensationalism, social media and hate for something most people don't understand. Gerrin Myall's 12-second video of me flopping as I eject my board away from a surf rental visitor is a great video for @kookoftheday and every surf/hate promoting site.

What is actually happening is me riding a wave more than 400 yards before he even starts his video, and I see a guy on his board with a dog on the nose, paddling out. I see him and he sees me. And I'm thinking, no problem I'm going to get right out to the shoulder where he's paddling over the wave, and I'll be out of the zone that I don't want to be in. But former professional surfer Homer, with the dog on the nose of his board, spins around and takes off in front of me and towards me, completely blocking my ability to get out of the wave.

I own it. I don't ever want to be foiling around people. If you know anything about me, you know I don't like to surf around people, never have. Yet with my escape route blocked, I next had to deal with a bunch of surf school students who may have never been in the ocean before. This is one wave in my lifetime of waves, and I ended up in a really bad place and did everything possible to keep the foil away from man and beast.

What is really amazing to me is the amount of hate that surfers and keyboard jockeys have pent-up. The surfing message boards and media lit up with controversy promoting hate and control.

The video got over 200,000 views, caused by a pro surfer and his dog dropping in on me and captured by his personal photographer as I get stuffed. Did I think a professional surfer would disregard the safety of his dog and everyone in the water to get his video? No.

I was really bummed when it happened. I made sure everyone was ok, the guy on the soft top was all good, and we talked about how stoked he was to be in the ocean for the first time. For me, the incident was extremely disappointing but having no one hurt was the best outcome. For Gerrin Myall and Homer. it meant social media views.

As I have discovered foiling over the past few years, I realize its potential and its dangers. And through the proper guidance, education and leadership, foiling can be done safely - and not in a crowded lineup.

If I have personally wronged you, I am sorry. I am grateful for this life we get to live doing what we do. I will continue to care about the well-being of all of you and those around me.

Here is a thought that I try my best to live by:

The Lord often requires us to do things that we think sound impossible. Forgive seventy times seven? This does not mean 490 times, but boundless forgiveness, that we travel with forgiveness for those who have wronged us. Forgiveness is not always easy, especially when we have been deeply hurt or wronged, but the Lord’s command to forgive is one that can free and heal our hearts and cultivate boundless love for our neighbors.

Have a happy Easter weekend as we celebrate Jesus Christ who gave his life for us.

- Jeff Clark

coolas

Message par coolas » mar. avr. 23, 2019 11:22 am

Et une vidéo complète.

Pour moi, il est quand même complètement en tort. Il est pas du tout à l'extérieur du spot, le spot est bondé et assez clapoteux, il y a un très gros risque de simplement ne pas voir un surfeur.

Je ne dis pas qu'il faudrait lui interdire d'y foiler, mais qu'il tente de se justifier est je trouve super malsain, il ne semble pas avoir compris la leçon et risque de recommencer à se mettre dans des configurations dangereuses. Avec le foil, c'est comme en voiture, il faut aussi être prudent à la place des autres.

phpBB [video]

Répondre

Revenir à « FOIL : Comment foiler / How to foil »