fins

Tout ce qui concerne les accessoires pour vous équiper et équiper vos planches.
migosas

fins

Message par migosas » lun. déc. 16, 2019 11:45 pm

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I have a alley 8'1 which came as a thruster. While I like the board, I do feel that I need to do a lot of pressure of the back foot to get the board to drive up the wave. Maybe is just my kookiness, however, I have another board with similar size in a quad setup and it drives much better. I am thus considering getting a set of quads and try on the alley. Also, the fins I have in the alley are those that came with the board (plastic, very flexible and heavier). This can also be a problem.
Any help out there ?

Thanks for ay suggestions

MIguel

coolas

Re: fins

Message par coolas » mar. déc. 17, 2019 12:14 am

Actually, a quad setup will do the opposite: make it harder to tighten the turn, but give you more speed out of the turn.

What you should do is put your back foot a bit more to the rear, this is what will help to tighten the turn, and also compress more: flex your knees to have more range to push on your legs. Try to squat as much as possible on entering the turn.
You may also want to roll the board more into the bottom turn, digging more the rail, as it is a common mistake.

Google for : surfing compression bottom turn
Example:
phpBB [video]

or: https://barefootsurftravel.com/livemore ... ottom-turn

And if you want to change fins, I would recommend the Quobba (http://quobbafins.com). They will give you noticeably more speed and hold, but they will not magically makes your surfing more vertical, which is done via your feet and body positioning as described above. Using a car analogy, These fins will give you a better engine and tyres, but you should also learn to turn more the steering wheel.
My setup on my Alleys:

2019: 7'3" Fatal 105L, Alley 7'8" 105L & 8'1" 120L, Zero 9'0" 115L
2022: Mob 7'6" cool 120L, Alleys custom 7'10" 112L & 8'1" 114L
2023: Karmen custom 7'11" 118L
Surf: 9'1" XTR proto glider

Répondre

Revenir à « Les accessoires »