New Gong products

Tout ce qui concerne le GONG shop / All about the GONG shop.
Fishman

New Gong products

Message par Fishman » ven. avr. 17, 2020 6:05 pm

It would be nice to see all the new Gong gear in one spot.

There has been a bunch of new gear that i would be interested in buying, but most of the time i don't know about them. Unless someone like Colas brings them up in some of the forums i visit, i wouldn't know about them at all. Colas mentioned the new plugs for my foil mast in a thread once and it really helped me out. High torque bolts that are available, new wings, new tail wing (stab), leashes for wings, and the list goes on and on.

Looking through all the web site sections and sub sections is just not something i would do unless i'm looking for something in particular. even when i do, I don't necessarily notice that it's a new product that i'm seeing, because at a glance it may look the same as the old ones. The newer size horizontal stabilizer for example. Any way just an idea. Thanks for all your shop does for us.

Ours
Site Admin

Re: New Gong products

Message par Ours » ven. avr. 17, 2020 7:38 pm

Hello,

yeah but the only problem is that 90% of products are renew each year. So almost all products on line are new now compared to October for example.

We announce them on our news and newsletter.

Thanks,
GONG owner and shaper

coolas

Re: New Gong products

Message par coolas » ven. avr. 17, 2020 8:34 pm

Hi fishman, I second the suggestion of l'Ours to subscribe to the newsletter. It is only one mail per week, with only a handful of items.
The registration form is at the end of the site pages.

The news themselves may be too frequent for you (about 5 messages per day), but the newsletter is great for your needs.

Note that I do not post all the Gong product announcements on the English language forum where I am active, as the admin there tend to delete my messages where I mention Gong products specifically. He even set up a filter to prevent people to post links to gong sites: if you post a link to gong, even through an URL shortener, you get a "save error". This behavior is new, and happened at the same time as he got a new site sponsor...

To give you an idea, this is the last post (on March 30th) that was manually deleted in minutes, even though I carefully avoided any actual links to the Gong forum, and it was even not talking about ANY Gong product (but I was a bit p*ssed off, so I mentioned the ban), so you can imagine how posting info on Gong products there is now impossible...
Good topic! You may want to look at the same topic opened recently on the Gong forum, in English, for other reading suggestions:
(with an ode to Kem Nunn by Jaime)
"What to read while we're in Confinement and Surf Culture.."
Go to the Gong forum > Accueil du forum > ALL SPORTS : Francais / English > Libre tribune / Off topic > What to read while we're in Confinement and Surf Culture..

(I cannot put direct link to Gong sites here, they are banned now)

As I say there, I loved the books by Gerry Lopez and Gary Elkerton.

Also, a post about our first times (which alas didn't have many follow ups)
"A Surfer Story ; the first time I really popped my cherry!"
A topic in the same section as the one above.

I also read a very moving text by a wheelchair ridden non-surfer (that died 2 years afterwards), describing so vividly what it seems to be a surfer when watching them from her window:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/10/opin ... iness.html

If you added up the seconds that a good surfer actually spent riding the waves, it would amount to only the smallest fraction of an entire life. Yet surfers are surfers all the time. They are surfers while they are working their crap jobs, daydreaming about surfing. They are surfers when they wake up at 4 in the morning. They are surfers when they walk the board down the hill to Bondi Beach. They are surfers when they drink their predawn espressos. They are surfers when they paddle out on their boards. They are surfers when they wait and wait for the right wave. They are surfers when they wipe out, thrashing around blindly in the waves, praying the board doesn't crack their skulls. They are surfers when they sit by their trucks with their friends after surfing, silently eating their grain-bowl meals.

And the thing about surfers? They don't seem to regret all that time they don't spend standing on boards and riding waves. Not only are they surfers all the time, they are, it seems to me, happy all the time.
2019: 7'3" Fatal 105L, Alley 7'8" 105L & 8'1" 120L, Zero 9'0" 115L
2022: Mob 7'6" cool 120L, Alleys custom 7'10" 112L & 8'1" 114L
2023: Karmen custom 7'11" 118L
Surf: 9'1" XTR proto glider

Répondre

Revenir à « Le shop GONG »