GONG FOIL ALLVATOR FRONT WING VELOCE PRO CLEAR
High ratio fast wing.
Flying faster, pumping faster, doing furious DW, without compromising maneuverability.
With their high ratio outline and minimal thickness, these front wings are clearly speed oriented:
- In Surf foil and SUP foil: you surf faster, connect the sections and pump much faster with less effort.
- Kite: it’s the exact balance between the speed of a racing foil and the maneuverability of a surf foil.
- In Wing: you go much faster and stronger than with a classic surf foil, without compromising maneuverability.
This incredible glide can be found in the pumping phases, in the accelerations and in Vmax where you can see a huge difference. You go faster, stronger, with a very nervy foil.
We clearly are on the edge of the kite foil but still have the fabulous maneuverability of a surf foil with double the lift of a typical kite foil’s stab. However, it is not an exclusively speed foil. The profile remains super docile and forgiving. It is ideal for extreme transitions.
In the waves, this gain in speed allows you to pump less because your natural speed is already crazy. It allows you the sharpest curves because speed is the basis of all maneuvers. The airs are awesome and the landing is much easier without the extra surface area of the big wings. You get less overpowered by the foil, so you can send harder.
In downwind, these stabs work their magic because their speed is totally in sync with the swell coming from from afar which is not slowed down. The glide is insane.
To understand the range, we have two sizes of wings and, therefore, foils:
- The Veloce M has a wingspan of 71cm, 1,000cm2, and a volume of 0,6L. The surface area is small with a very thin profile of 1,3cm thick. This high performances front wing is designed for people under 75kg and/or with a high level and strong wind.
- The Veloce L has a wingspan of 82cm, 1,300cm2 and a volume of 0,94L. The surface is small with a very thin profile of 1,5cm thick. This front wing aims for pure high performance for riders weighing around 85kg or in strong wind.
- The Veloce XL has a wingspan of 94cm, 1,600cm2 and a volume of 1,35L. The surface is small with a very thin profile of 1,7cm thick. This front wing is for riders around weighing 95kg with a good level and for all other smaller riders that want to glide with lift.
- The Veloce XXL has a wingspan of 107cm, 1,900cm2 and a volume of 1,7L. The surface is small with a very thin profile of 1,8cm thick. This front wing is suitable for people weighing more than 100kg and/or light wind.
The shape of the tips is thinner than on the other wings of the surf range. We draw your attention to this because without being sharp, they represent a real danger for you and others in case of collision. You must do everything possible to avoid having an accident for which you would be responsible and probably a victim.
The Carbon Pro Clear technology is a real eye-catcher, but not exclusively. The wings are even stronger in the event of a collision with the reef.
On this new range we have added a top hole to insert a screw above the fuselage. The gain in rigidity is huge. Nothing moves, twists or vibrates. It’s absolutely perfect.
Innovation is at the core of our products
Our wings are made of 90% Prepreg 3K carbon, with more than 15 layers of carbon fiber in total. High tension points such as the joints and connections are reinforced with Kevlar to resist tearing and glass for tolerance. Moulded at high pressure and high temperature on a foam core, our wings are practically indestructible. Both rigid and floating, they are the perfect balance between contained weight and infinite durability.
This technology has been tested and proven for over two years without any breakage on 10,000 ALLVATOR foil wings. In the event of a violent impact on a rock, you can easily repair them and they will be as good as new.
You will never see a GONG wing open on a leading edge because our unique draping technique crosses the layers of fibres. So there is no parting line on our wings. The entire outline has overlapping gaps, just like the rails on your top of the range boards.
The one-piece full carbon mast, High density foam core, is exactly the same as the proven technology of our wings. Solid, rigid and reliable, it is pressed and baked in a steel mold, a real work of art at $25,000.
You will understand that performance implies investments that justify the higher prices of our carbon masts compared to aluminium masts, but they are still much cheaper than competing products.
Please note that GONG is at the forefront of foil development. We have been at the origin of the creation of the biggest foil factory that produces the major brands today. 18 months of intense work and dozens of tools developed. So don’t imagine that our foils are made in a gloomy garage. We develop all our products according to the rules of the art, with state-of-the-art 3D software, countless tests, with a Team at the highest level. That’s one of the reasons why we can offer low prices and clean products: we know what we’re doing from A to Z.
You must have a good level because this foil is not as tolerant at low speed as beginner foils are.
You have to go fast and it flies very fast. So you have to be able to keep up physically and technically.
This is clearly a foil designed for very high performance in where speed is the key.
In DW, we tend to think the bigger the better. In moderation, but yes, that’s often the rule.
In waves and multipurpose ride:
- The Veloce M 71cm, 1,000cm2, is for those under 75kg with a high level.
- The Veloce L 82cm, 1 300cm2, is for people under 85kg with a high level.
- The Veloce XL 94cm, 1 600cm2, is designed for people around 70kg to 105kg.
- The Veloce XXL 107cm, 1 900cm2, is for people over 100kg.
A smaller rider can use a larger foil in smaller conditions.
The Veloce foil is ideal with high performance boards like the Lethal in surf foil, the Catch foil in kite, and the Lemon and Flint in SUP.
Positioning of the foil ?
For the GONG foils, place the top plate at the rear third of the US rails.
The more you move it forward, the more it pitch nose up the board. The further you move it backwards, the more the nose of the board dives.
Be careful not to move it too far forward. We often tend not to let the back foot works, especially when we have a kitefoil background. However, moving the foil back a little forces to put more weight on the back foot and gives a more harmonious attitude and reduces effort.
GONG FOIL ALLVATOR FRONT WING VELOCE PRO CLEAR: from 279 €
- We make quality products. We are not “low cost”.
- We sell simply without an intermediary thanks to the internet : direct from shaper to surfer.
- If we sold this item in a surfshop, it would cost 549€ (taking into account traditional margins that we should offer to distributers and stores).
To have all your question answered about this product and read all our user/client feedback click on the link below:
Know everything about the front wing veloce pro clear
The practice of the Foil carries risks of major accidents. A bad mastery of the Foil can cause cuts, serious wounds, even death, for you and/or others.
The Foil must be practiced taking all the precautions when used in Kite because they are increased in comparison to those related to the Foilsurf. Remember that the Foil is long, sharp, and can reach high speeds. To be hit by a Foil, or to strike a third party can have dramatic consequences.
Foil always far from others, in safe and unobstructed water.
The Foil is mainly used in the light wind. This one can fall and force you to go swimming. Therefore, do not overestimate your strengths: never go further than what you can swim under present and announced conditions.
Wear a helmet and protective jacket to ensure your buoyancy. Always wear a full neoprene wetsuit.
When handling the foil, be careful not to cut yourself on the trailing edges.
GONG declines all responsibility in the event of an accident involving a GONG Foil. The Foil practice and its benefits/consequences is under the sole responsibility of the Foil user.