When ordering your wing foiling beginners pack, we recommended several options to optimize your experience on the water. Obviously, being a beginner, you have no idea whether you should go for any of them. No worries, we explain it all to you in this article 😉
- The first option is to complete your pack with a Curve Front Wing. While the front wing Rise is the easiest to start thanks to its forgiveness and its ability to fly at low speed, and while the front wing X-Over, in a similar program, offers you more prospects for progression, the front wing Curve will take you into a dimension where speed, tricks and rail to rail in the waves are your new goals in wing foiling. A front wing towards which you will eventually evolve after having reached your objectives on the Rise or the X-Over. By ordering it with your pack, you get a 20% discount!
- The Plane Bag Manta which allows you to transport the plane of your foil in one piece without risking to damage it or its direct environment. When you buy a complete foil from GONG, and this is the case if you buy a pack, it comes in a well thought out transport bag with compartments in a solid fabric for your travels. However, many of you want to leave their foil mounted in between two sessions. In this case the Plane Bag Manta is the perfect solution.
- Protect your rigid board with a Luxe Boardbag. We generally learn it the hard way: Saving money on a board bag is a bad bet. Simply because it is often outside of the water that damage on a board is done. Indeed, A board is very resistant to the different constraints of the sport on the water but less to shocks on land. To keep it in new condition, and for less than a repair at your local shaper, we strongly advise you to take this option!
- A GONG Double Action Pump to inflate your wing. An essential option if you do not already have a pump via another practice. A pump used in kitesurfing or for inflatable SUP may be suitable provided you have the right nozzle. If you ordered a HIPE pack, the GONG pump provided to inflate your board can also be used to inflate your wing.
- A GONG leash belt so you don’t lose your board. A leash is essential to stay connected to your board. You can either go for an ankle leash like in surfing, or a leash belt around the waist so the leash won’t drag in the water once in flight, which makes the ride much more pleasant. Since the leash is in your back, you can move around without it constantly getting caught in your toes or between your legs as is often the case with a classic ankle leash. A real plus!
- The essential Coiled Wrist Leash to stay connected to your wing. The corkscrew leash prevents being encumbered by a long leash during your maneuvers.
- A smaller mast to complete the Alu V2 85cm or Alu V1 90cm mast in your pack. For example, a 65cm mast which facilitates learning in wing foiling, allows you to do SUP foiling or sail on spots with little depth.
- The Tikal Tef-Gel if you don’t want to disassemble your foil after each session! This product protects your foil against galvanic corrosion which affects two different metals brought into contact in a humid environment (in the case of foiling: an aluminum foil and stainless steel screws can be welded together between two sessions by this phenomenon). You must therefore either disassemble your foil in between two sessions, or apply Tikal Tef-Gel when mounting it.
This is of course a non-exhaustive list of options that can be associated with your pack. Depending on your needs, other items can be included when ordering your pack such as a neoprene wetsuit, a protective helmet, a GONG impact vest, sunscreen,… Everything you might need for your wing foiling session, you can find it in our shop!