FEEDBACK: YPRA MS

The Ypra M-S was tested by Frédéric, GONG ambassador in the South-East of France. Here is his feedback.

 

Wing foiler: Frédéric, GONG ambassador, in Ypra M-S, 85cm HM Mast, Lemon FSP Pro and Neutra.

 

“In love with my Ypra S 😍 M size 795 cm² and 80 cm.
I was able to test the Ypra S these last days in M size, during two sessions of 3 hours.
Background: 87kg rider, wind 23/27 knots on average, gust at 30 knots, Neutra 4,5m 2023 wing, 85cm HM Mast, Lemon FSP Pro 95L, stab Fluid Pro 42 then Veloce Pro 44. Waves were at hip height, even man height (don’t trust the pictures, the launch is windy. The swell is farther and sideshore compared to the launch).

Usually I sail 80% of the time in Fluid M-H but it’s 1000 cm², and the other 20% of the time in Fluid L (1200 cm²).
I was able to test all the Veloce H and the Ypra. In concrete terms, there are some snags.

For a start, an Ypra S in M size, it’s too small for my size (795cm²). So, I’m forced to sail on the high (even on the very high) range of the Neutra (17 to 27 knots) but at 42 y.o., that’s a standard 😅. Anyway, it will not be my main foil but I’ll use it when there will be around 25/30 knots.

Because this Ypra S is really great 😍

Once in the air, it’s a real game changer. Thanks to everyone at GONG 🙏 and to everyone behind these shapes (Patrice particularly) for giving us such toys. Even after 2 and a half years of wing foiling, these two latter sessions were probably in my top 5.
The Ypra M-S is fast, very fast, it’s the kind of gear that helps a lot. The only 800cm² I will use from now on. This foil increases my level.

It’s everything I’m looking for in a foil.

Control at high speed is easy to gain, it doesn’t move when you pass the shorebreak. You reach crazy speeds without forcing and it remains of an incredible stability. I have never been kicked out by its power or its imprecision. It’s a blade. Sharpened and precise in waves with a HM Mast.
It’s a mid-aspect, which means that its width is reduced vs the classic Ypra and you can feel it. It turns much better, but flies on a smaller portion… you need to ride it fast, to give it power. It’s less tolerant at lower ranges and stalls much faster than my Fluid M. I think that it does not go as well upwind as the Fluid. It’s my feeling, not everyone’s.

With its finesse, it follows the swell while remaining really handy.

Turns follow each other without any problem. It turns itself 😍
Finally, I still have to check some important facts to be completely objective. In 25/30 knots, especially in 4,5, everything almost takes off. But what about the Ypra L-S and the Ypra XL-S? Will they be more adjusted to my size? Will they be as easy to take off as the Fluid H? Will they be as lively and performant as the M? Probably not considering their dimensions but they should have the same feeling. I’m looking forward to receiving them at the end of January.”

Gear of the sesh

 

GONG FOIL ALLVATOR FRONT WING PRO YPRA – S

419,00479,00
THIS WING IS WORLD CHAMPION

GONG WING NEUTRA 2023

499,00675,00
 

GONG FOIL ALLVATOR CARBON MAST HM 85CM

Available on:
Available on:
799,00
-25%

GONG WING FOIL BOARD LEMON FSP PRO

Sale!
669,00749,00
 

GONG FOIL ALLVATOR STAB PRO FLUID H

169,00
 

GONG FOIL ALLVATOR STAB PRO VELOCE H

Available on:
169,00
 

GONG FOIL ALLVATOR FRONT WING PRO FLUID – H

409,00539,00
 

GONG FOIL ALLVATOR FRONT WING PRO VELOCE – H

419,00509,00
 

GONG FOIL COVER FRONT WING H

35,00
 

GONG FOIL COVER STAB H

19,00
 

GONG FOIL CARBON MAST COVER

19,0025,00
 

TIKAL TEF-GEL 10G

Article in stock, shipping within 3 days

12,00
 

GONG WING FOIL BOARD LEMON FSP PRO 2023

899,001099,00
Best seller-30%

GONG WING NEUTRA V2

Sale!
349,00489,00
Best seller

GONG PROTECTIVE HELMET

25,00
 

GONG IMPACT VEST

99,00
Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *