Kite TechnosQuality and sustainability since 1998
FSP kitesurf technology
High quality premium materials : super light EPS blanks, Epoxy resin, Fiber Glass, Carbon biaxial reinforcements, integral 3mm PVC, 20mm PVC reinforcements over all accessories, Patented FCS2 Boxes. Materials chosen for their adequacy and compatibility with our demands and specifications.
This technology offers the incomparable rapport between lightness/solidity of the full vacuumed PVC sandwich, at the always attractive GONG price !!
Technical details :
- Board, 100% Epoxy over 15kg/3m EPS blank with a 3mm center wood stringer : solid and light.
- Deck and Hull in vacuumed 3mm 80kg/3m PVC sandwich : solidity/dynamics guaranteed.
- Deck, integral sandwich with PVC/Fiber Glass, core comprised of high density PVC and 3 layers of Fiber Glass, 4 and 6 oz.
- Reinforcements in 6oz Carbon and 12oz Biaxial Glass under the foot zones.
- Hull : Integral PVC/Fiber Glass sandwich, core comprised of high density PVC foam with 2 layers of Fiber Glass, 4 and 6 oz.
- Fiber Glass reinforcements over the sensitive zones like the Fin Boxes.
- Epoxy Hot Coat : light and super solid.
- Second Hot Coat in Polyester for the perfect finish.
- Digital Pre-shape, shape controlled by traditional templates, 100% hand finish.
- Mat hand finish, for a better glide and less sensitive to scratching.
- FSP Technology is easily repairable to new in case of damage.
- The PVC foam sandwich is water proof and will avoid water intake with daily abuse.
- These Boards are produced in China in a factory with experience and under our formation since 2011.
Our boards with FSP kite technology
GONG kite technology
The GONG Kite is made in one of the two largest kite factories in the world and in accordance with the highest quality standards for producing the best Kites.
The materials we use for our Kites are among the finest and most noble. We are looking for performance of course but we also want endurance/durability and therefore use materials that have proven themselves.
- Conception using SURFPLAN.
- Panels cut with digital control for perfect precision, and hand-assembled by the best workers in the Kite industry.
- Bridles in Dyneema and Spectra with Ronstan Pulleys for optimal reactivity of the Kite.
- High quality triple rip-stop, Teijin T9669 (high stiffness, long lasting performances).
- Reinforcement patches in PVC 1680D along the tips.
- Leading Edge and batten in Dacron Dimension Polyan DP175LL (the stiffest on the market but also the most expensive).
- 100 micron TPU Bladders for flawless reliability.
- Nylon Leading Edge Reinforcements 1680D.
- Central EVA bumper for optimum protection of the leading edge.
- Canopy reinforcement on the area exposed to friction coming from the inflation valve.
- Anti-flaping reinforcements from the trailing edge in Insigna.
- Anti-snag straps at the ends of the leading edge and batten.
- Large diameter screw valve coupled to a One Pump Express System for ultra quick and easy inflation / deflation.
- Clip to compartmentalise the air volume between the leading edge and the batten for more safety in case of damage at sea.
- Pump leash attachment.
- 3 rear anchor points to adjust the behaviour of the Kite. External: light bar pressure, very responsive kite and tight curves. Internal: strong bar pressure and more precise steering.
- 3 anchor points on the front lines to adjust the residual power of the Kite. External: more power base. Internal : more depower.
- TPU sleeves reinforcing the lark head knots on the front to avoid unintentional detachments.
- High-end storage bag, adjustable and reinforced for better back comfort.
- Kite delivered with a Repair Kit.
- 1 Fiberglass strut (for the Strutless kite only).
As a reminder, the weight of the Kite – whatever the manufacturer – will vary according to 3 main factors :
- The more reinforcements a Kite has and the heavier the tissue weights, the more its weight increases, but also its resistance in case of crash, and its lifespan.
- The SPI is waterproofed by a coating process to preserve its performance when in use. The heavier the coating, the heavier the fabric, and the better it ages with use. Make note, the exposure of your Kites to UV and excessive fresh water rinsing will gradually destroy this coating.
- Our Kites are equipped with 100 micron thick Bladders, some of the thickest on the market. We could go down to 60 microns but that would be to the detriment of the resistance of our Kites to the hazards of use : Hindenburg, involuntary over-inflation, etc …