Foil TechnosTop quality at affordable price
FSP 2X Technology
High quality materials : super light EPS blanks, Epoxy Resin, fiberglass, biaxial fiberglass, PVC and carbon reinforcement around the US rails, 3mm PVC Sandwich. Materials chosen for their adequacy to the high demands of our specifications.
This Techno offers the incomparable rapport between solidity/lightness due to the vacuumed PVC sandwich and the original conception that’s super solid around the box reinforcements, and at the always attractive GONG price!!
Technical details :
- 100% Epoxy Board and EPS Blank Foam: solid and lightweight.
- Deck, hull and rails in PVC Vacuumed Sandwich: incomparable strength and incredible dynamism.
- Deck: integral PVC/Fiberglass Sandwich composed of a high-density PVC foam core and 2 layers of 4oz fiberglass and 1 layer of 6oz Biaxial fiberglass, fiberglass reinforcements on sensitive areas.
- Hull: integral PVC/Fiberglass Sandwich composed of a high-density PVC foam core and 2 layers of 4oz fiberglass and 1 layer of 6oz Biaxial fiberglass, fiberglass reinforcements on the sensitive areas.
- Specific Foil reinforcements: high-density PVC block housing the two US Rail Boxes. Three layers of carbon cover the Boxes. Laminated PVC slats connect the reinforcement to the deck for maximum durability.
- Rails: the PVC Sandwich structure completely covers the rails: increased structural strength, very good shock resistance (paddle strokes).
- Carry Handle integrated in the PVC Sandwich top: limits settling, avoid breakage in the surrounding area.
- Hot Coat integrated Tinted Resin: nobility of the process, weight reduction and solidity of the finish.
- Matt custom finish, hand-made, for weight reduction and better glide.
With our Foil range, all our wings are carbon PrePreg, a Must!
Our wings are made of 90% Prepreg 3K carbon, with more than 15 layers of carbon fiber in total. High tension points such as the joints and connections are reinforced with Kevlar to resist tearing and glass for tolerance. Moulded at high pressure and high temperature on a foam core, our wings are practically indestructible. Both rigid and floating, they are the perfect balance between contained weight and infinite durability.
This technology has been tested and proven for over two years without any breakage on 10,000 ALLVATOR foil wings. In the event of a violent impact on a rock, you can easily repair them and they will be as good as new.
You will never see a GONG wing open on a leading edge because our unique draping technique crosses the layers of fibres. So there is no parting line on our wings. The entire outline has overlapping gaps, just like the rails on your top of the range boards.
The Aluminum parts (mast, fuselage, top plate) are extremely resistant. The pieces are suitable for intensive use, including riding at a very high level. Aluminum offers a great resistance to torsion, which is ideal for waves. And the price we offer on these recyclable parts minimises the damage done during an impact in case of violent shock.
The one-piece full carbon mast, High density foam core, is exactly the same as the proven technology of our wings. Solid, rigid and reliable, it is pressed and baked in a steel mold, a real work of art at $25,000.
You will understand that performance implies investments that justify the higher prices of our carbon masts compared to aluminium masts, but they are still much cheaper than competing products.
Please note that GONG is at the forefront of foil development. We have been at the origin of the creation of the biggest foil factory that produces the major brands today. 18 months of intense work and dozens of tools developed. So don’t imagine that our foils are made in a gloomy garage. We develop all our products according to the rules of the art, with state-of-the-art 3D software, countless tests, with a Team at the highest level. That’s one of the reasons why we can offer low prices and clean products: we know what we’re doing from A to Z.
- Moulded 45 kg/m3 Foam Core.
- Finished and honed Shape by Numerical Control.
- Detail of the Extrado: Full PrePreg Carbon Fiber mixing UD and 45 ° for rigidity and strength.
- Detail of the Intrado: Full PrePreg Carbon Fiber mixing UD and 45 ° for rigidity and strength.
- Connection reinforcements made with multiple layers of Fiberglass, Carbon and Kevlar. Super strong combining of materials and connection between direct rider / foil.
- Extruded Aluminum Mast: rigid and perfectly shaped.
- Top Plate and Fuselage CNC Machined Aluminum.
- Pro finish semi mate finish for better glide, less sensitive to scratching.
- Allvator Technology is easily repairable in case of impact.
- It is powerful and durable with a feeling/price ratio that can’t be beat.