GONG KITEBOARD MATATA FSP 2XThe Matata kiteboard 2021/2022 offers optimal output in low wind range… The Matata kiteboard 2021/2022 offers optimal output in low wind ranges and incredible heading and planing abilities.Sale!
GONG KITEBOARD PIE FSP 2XThe Pie kiteboard 2021/2022 is the super fast, stylish and agile Fish,… The Pie kiteboard 2021/2022 is the super fast, stylish and agile Fish, ideal in light to medium conditions and slow waves.Sale!
GONG KITEBOARD CATCH FSP 2XThe Catch 2021/2022 is the 100% strapless tricks shape.Sale!
GONG KITEBOARD FATAL FSP 2XThe Fatal kiteboard 2021/2022 mixes to perfection freestyle and surf.Sale!
GONG KITEBOARD ALU FSP 2XThe Alu kiteboard 2021/2022 is the sharpened shape for ripping in onsh… The Alu kiteboard 2021/2022 is the sharpened shape for ripping in onshore surf.Sale!
GONG KITEBOARD LETHAL FSP 2XThe Lethal kiteboard 2021/2022 is our 100% radical sideshore shape.Sale!
GONG FACTORY CATCH 5’0 FSP 2XThe Catch is the 100% Strapless Tricks Board.
Out of stock
GONG FACTORY LETHAL 5’6 FSP 2XOur 100% Radical Sideshore Shape.
Out of stock
Showing all 8 results
Our kiteboard shapes honed by years of experience are just one aspect of the range! It also stands out by a full PVC sandwich construction at a record price with footstrap inserts and multiple reinforcements to withstand the strong constraints of a session made of solid turns off the lip and big airs.
Why choose GONG surf kite?
Thanks to our volumes and our direct sales model, the boards in the range benefit from a vacuum construction worthy of custom boards. This direct relationship that we maintain with the users of our equipment, in addition to feeding the development of our ranges and our services, allows you to equip yourself with equipment that meets the highest quality standards.
The entire range of FSP 2X surf kite:
- THE MATATA FSP 2X for optimum performance in low range and an incredible glide.
- THE PIE FSP 2X for maximum speed, maneuverability and style in light/medium conditions.
- THE CATCH FSP 2X to send all the tricks in freestyle.
- THE FATAL FSP 2X to mix freestyle and surf to perfection.
- THE ALU FSP 2X to shred in onshore conditions with a sharp shape.
- THE LETHAL FSP 2X for radical surfing in side shore conditions.
Which kiteboard to choose according to your level?
Our range of kitesurfing boards is wide but which one is made for you? Firstly, you need to determine your program. Because it’s the use that makes the choice!
Three types of kite surfboards stand out:
Board for light wind
When sailing in low wind ranges, you especially need grip and speed to go upwind. Choosing a kitesurf with a quad setup (with two front fins and two rear, which are all placed close to the rails) helps a lot. Often larger, these boards are perfect to begin with: they offer more buoyancy and reassure the rider… strapped or strapless.
- Matata: It’s the ideal board to go fast in light wind. Its unique shape allows you to have some gas left in the tank and to head almost as if you were on a kite foil. Its planing start is really early.
- Pie : More versatile and maneuverable than the Matata, it can also do freestyle if needed. The Pie is really great for learning maneuvers, tacking and surfing in soft waves.
Boards for freestyling
Short and narrow, these boards offer maximum radicality and their thruster setup guarantees maneuverability and control to its user. In concrete terms, they are made to link maneuvers and do it very well.
- Fatal : This board is great for surfing a wave between several tricks. Especially because its rocker is more accentuated than the one of the Catch or the Matata. The result? It offers more maneuverability and allows you to approach the curves with more speed. Its diamond round nose carries you through the tricks. It’s the perfect combo for surfing and freestyling.
- Catch : Its almost rectangular shape – reminiscent of a twin tip – is really ideal for freestyling. The support is maximized and its tail offers a monstrous pop. Its lower rocker generates more speed which opens the possibility of jumping high and sending big tricks! Definitely the most versatile shape in the range.
Boards to surf with style
A 100% surf oriented kiteboard has more length and rocker but less thickness. A perfect compromise to generate a high maneuverability and a lot of grip, two useful features in waves.
- Alu : When the water is ugly… it’s great for the Alu! Dynamism, easy turns, good rocker and well-balanced volume allow it to turn on-shore windy waves into ideal conditions.
- Lethal : This board has been pushed to the extreme in its specialty: surfing in beautiful conditions. With the most lifted rocker in our lineup, it takes down everything in hollow waves and supports the most extreme curves, it is perfect in the wind side. Unforgettable rides coming up!
Understand the FSP 2X technology
Innovation is at the core of our boards :
- 3D Shape on modeling software.
- Preshapsd with numerical control for total reliability.
- Shape control by traditional templates, finishing up to the last mm 100% by hand.
- 100% Epoxy board and EPS foam blank : solid and light.
- 5mm wooden stringer to limit the risk of breakage.
- Deck, hull and rails in PVC sandwich vacuum: incomparable solidity and incredible dynamism.
- Deck: Full PVC/Fiberglass sandwich composed of a core of high density PVC foam and one layer of 6oz fiberglass, one layer of 6oz biaxial fiberglass and one layer of 4oz fiberglass, reinforcement with biaxial fiberglass on the foot area.
- Hull: Full PVC/Fiberglass sandwich composed of a high density PVC foam core and 2 layers of 4oz fiberglass, one layer of 6oz Biaxial fiberglass, and fiberglass reinforcements on the sensitive areas such as the fin boxes.
- Rails: the PVC sandwich structure completely covers the rails: increased structural strength, incredible impact resistance (heel or knee impacts).
- Tinted Resin hot coat: nobility within the process, weight saving and solidity of the finish.
- Matt “custom finish”, hand-made, for weight saving and better glide.
The FSP 2X technology is easily repairable to new in case of dings. The PVC foam of the sandwich is waterproof and avoids water intake from everyday shocks. The EPS foam blank does not deteriorate because it’s well protected from water. And repairs have a much larger support to lean on and blend seamlessly with the surrounding material.
This technology offers, at an affordable price, the incomparable solidity/lightness ratio of the vacuum-assisted full PVC sandwich.
Which set of fins should I choose for my surf kite? Quad or thruster?
A quad or thruster setup can change the style of your board. Some setups favour manoeuvrability, others favour acceleration.
Want to buy one of our surfkite boards but you don’t know which one to choose? Sometimes, it all comes down to details. And if the difference in shapes doesn’t help you to decide, fins setup might!
Some setups favour speed, other turns, other acceleration… There’s something for everyone and every style.
To sum up:
- Quad boards: Swallows (PIE) and Simmons (MATATA) are aiming for acceleration. Their fins setup favour speeding up, a better grip and make the board more dynamic.
- Thruster boards: The LETHAL, the ALU, the FATAL and the CATCH have a thruster setup to enhance their manoeuvrability and go from one manoeuvre to another with ease.
The fins delivered with our boards are sufficient to operate them correctly.
But if we know that 50% of the performance of a board comes from the fins, a pro will necessarily want to adjust the set of fins to his size, his style, his tastes …
Some fins promote speed, others turns, others acceleration etc … They are fully described on their own product sheets. A good read by the campfire 😉
The material of the fins is after the shape the most important point: you need fibers. Rigidity is the key to having good fins. If you go up in quality, you go up in rigidity. And note that fiber fins are easily repairable in the event of impact with a rock for example.
Which board bag?
For the board bag, choose it a bit bigger than the board. First to fit the board, then to leave room to add the fins, protections, etc … Be careful, a bag that’s too big will make a terrible sound on the roof rack. The kind that will make you want to hang yourself after 100km 😉
Day bag or Luxe bag? The name is an answer. The Luxe bag is ideal when traveling but takes up a lot of space on a daily basis. The Day bag is great for everyday sessions.
At GONG both types are very strong. It’s up to you to decide.