FSP 2X SUP Foil boards
GONG FOIL BOARD MOB 2TASTE COOL FSP 2XThe Mob 2Taste is crazy for SUP, SUP foiling and wing foiling.
GONG WING FOIL BOARD ZUMA FSP 2X 2023Simplicity and total versatility in wing and SUP foiling.
Showing all 2 results
It is essential to understand the constructions offered when you buy a board.
Aesthetics and programs are important, but construction is key! And very often, it is the obstacle course to find this information in between the marketing twists and turns …
At GONG, we are committed to presenting to you in all transparency what lies beneath the final paint layer, without blah blah.
FSP 2X techno
Both light and very strong. This is the best-selling technology because it mixes the most advantages in a very reasonable price.
The FSP (Full Sandwich PVC): the techno that positions GONG boards in another world.
An exclusivity on the wing boards market, which comes directly to us from high-end construction techniques.
Unlike other wing board constructions on the market, our FSP boards are fully vacuum “shelled” with an extremely strong PVC (Airex) foam sandwich with a density of 80kg / m2. This density is 3 times greater than that of our competitors’ EPS foam blanks! Here again, we cover the top, the bottom but also the rails with a super strong 3mm shell! It’s 5 to 10 times thicker than the competition !!! Knees, paddles, harness hooks, the heart of your board is fully protected by a resistant and waterproof sandwich.
In FSP 2X, this sandwich is covered with a layer of biaxial fiberglass, much stronger than conventional fibers with its large fibers with a “reinforced concrete” effect.
The whole is of unparalleled durability and dynamism. It is the ultra solid techno that allows you to progress serenely on our Lance, Zuma and MOB 2taste.
Yet our FSP 2X boards remain at record weights.
First, because they are handmade using our French high-end manufacturing methods for custom boards.
Then because this super strong “shell” allows us to lighten the core of our boards to give them all the liveliness you need.
- 3D shape on modeling software.
- Preshape by numerical control for total reliability.
- Shape control by traditional templates, finishing off the last mm 100% by hand.
- 100 % epoxy resin and EPS foam blank: solid and lightweight.
- Deck, hull, and rails in vacuumed PVC sandwich: incomparable solidity and incredible dynamism.
- Deck: full PVC/fiberglass sandwich composed of a high-density PVC foam core and 2 layers of 4oz fiberglass and 1 layer of 6oz biaxial fiberglass, fiberglass reinforcements on the sensitive areas.
- Hull: full PVC/fiberglass sandwich composed of a high-density PVC foam core and 2 layers of 4oz fiberglass and 1 layer of 6oz biaxial fiberglass, fiberglass reinforcements on the sensitive areas.
- Specific foil reinforcements: high density PVC block that holds in the two US rail boxes. Four layers of carbon cover the boxes. The PVC block connects the boxes to the deck for great durability.
- Carbon reinforcements of the strap inserts, under the heels and the trampling area.
- Rails: the PVC sandwich structure completely covers the rails: increased structural strength, very good impact resistance (paddle, knee or harness hook hits).
- Integrated GONG carrying handle in the PVC Sandwich : limits settling, avoids breakage in the surrounding area.
- Resin tinted hot coat : nobility of the process, weight saving and solidity of the finish.
- Hand-made matt “custom finish” for weight saving and a better glide.
These boards are equipped with our innovative and high-end technology called FSP 2X for the best weight / strength / performance compromise on the market. It’s quite simply the ultimate in custom vacuum fiberglass techno, as standard.
This full PVC Carbon sandwich offers the best dynamism while preserving strength, at an incredible weight. It’s quite simply the ultimate in vacuum technology for customs, used as standard on our production models : the same tech as the one used on our prototypes made in our shape rooms in France.
FULL sandwich means that the entire board is covered with a layer of 3mm high density hydrophobic PVC foam. This includes the rails, which allows better resistance and perfect sealing in the event of an impact. Above all, the sandwich on the rails are essential to have a rigid board as they work as a solid frame when the board takes flex. The dynamism is really superior and the durability of the board is second to none. This tech is not adopted by all competing brands. What they call sandwich construction is often a simple PVC reinforcement under the feet (and sometimes on the hull). At GONG we do things as seriously as they can be, so in full sandwich.
All the lamination steps of the high density sandwich and then of the fiber are carried out under vacuum. The board is under strong pressure, from 2 to 4 tonnes depending on the stage, to ensure flawless bonding of the layers. With the use of drains we optimize the amount of resin on the board leaving only the optimum. Your board is light and super compact. A durable board made to handle all the stresses of a board’s life, its construction also offers a sound basis for any future repairs. So your board will stay like new for years or decades with proper maintenance. This durability will make a lot of people happy from one owner to the next, and avoids polluting with “disposable” boards.
To implement this very complex technology, we need time. A board without a full sandwich is built in 6 to 8 hours. GONG full sandwich boards take 12 to 14 hours of work. You understand that all these steps lengthen the production circuit and are therefore a monumental investment in quality.
For 2023 we have replaced the classic US Boxes, which everyone uses but which were not originally designed for foiling, with our own US Double Entry GONG Boxes designed and tested by our design office for extreme use in foiling. These new boxes are specifically reinforced in areas of high stress and are molded with a high fiber content. Durability is increased tenfold. We are clearly on the best BOX on the market which corresponds exactly to our needs in terms of resistance and functionality. What could be simpler than aligning the 4 nuts with the 4 entrances and sliding the foil into the box? 3 turns with a screw tightener and it’s ready. It’s so easy that you’ll wonder how you could do it the old way for years hahaha.
The foil boxes are placed in a large PVC 80kg/m3 reinforcement thicker than the boxes. Without any risk of water infiltration in the EPS sandwich, even with an intense impact. This reinforcement is connected to the PVC sandwich of the deck with PVC slats to ensure the cohesion of the whole and to avoid any play in the reinforcements over the years. Everything is fitted with fiberglass reinforcements for tolerance and carbon to limit bending. The handle is also set in a waterproof PVC block.
Remember that the high density PVC blocks that house the boxes and the handle are in addition to the full PVC sandwich. The anchoring is absolutely perfect. Not to compare with a reinforcement simply held by layers of fiber. Our reinforcements take hold on a high thickness of rigid material that you would not be able to bend by hand for example, which you could if it was only layers of fibers.
Our technology is truly the pinnacle of board construction. Durable, efficient, repairable, the brands capable of offering a total PVC sandwich in large series in wing can be counted on the fingers of one hand. GONG is the leader!
At GONG, our boards are the highest quality. Our low prices can only be explained by our direct sales model, eliminating margins. If by misfortune you break them, they can be repaired from A to Z with the components we keep in stock for your favorite repairer.
New equipment and design
The 2023 range of our wing boards features a new sleek design, taken over from the finishes used in the shape rooms for our custom boards, just like the full sandwich construction which have also been transposed years ago from our custom boards to our production boards.
The equipment is completely renewed on the 2023 boards:
- New reinforced GONG boxes to send big and new double entry rails that allows you to use our SCS system and save precious time during assembly!
- New more ergonomic GONG handle that offers a better grip.
- New stratification of the leash plug with a polished finish and absolute solidity.
- New sets of GONG footstraps, more ergonomic and more comfortable. In single version at the back and in V shape at the front for an ultra-balanced stance.
- New hard brush pad that allows for more thickness on the entire board for absolute comfort.
We invite you to analyze in detail your future board on the new 3D module of our product sheets.
Buy as an informed consumer!